By samantha - 04/03/2009 00:18 - United States

Today, in the fitting room at Old Navy, a customer asked me if we sold Calvin Klein jeans. I replied "no ma'am, this isn't a department store, we only sell Old Navy jeans." She left, and complained to my manager, who informed me that "the customer is always right." FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 404
You deserved it 3 808

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ionelementz112 0

Have a friend pose as a customer and give you a home made coupon that says "All the shit I want for free". They're the customer; they're right.

Comments

I think it really matters how you said it. You could have left out "this isn't a department store." That has the potential to be condescending...unless you weren't, in which case HELLO.

On the bright side, you can now use your store discount on Calvin Klein jeans!

Should have turned around to her and said "No madam, this is a library, not a department store" just to mess with her. If you had done that she probably would have left all confused and reaching for her medications.

She would've seen the racks & racks of clothes, & the big sign in the front of the freaking store that says OLD NAVY, so I don't think she'd be fooled. Justsayin.

leoladie23 0

hhahaha @ 13!! sometimes i wonder if people are paid to come in and annoy the **** out of retail employees. i used to work at an ice cream shop, and sometimes people would come in and say id like some ice cream, to which i responded "ah were fresh out"

That makes no sense. How can the customer always be right if it DOES only sell one type of jeans? What were you supposed to do? Lie to her? You'd probably be in more trouble for that.

You should post this story up on www.notalwaysright.com it is a website about costumers that think they are always right when they aren't

wtf?! how was the customer right in this case???

this should be on notalwaysright.com instead, this is not an fyour life

This is awesome because I work at Old Navy and my manager would have come a laughed with me about this!