By bwoolf96 - 10/09/2015 12:32

Today, in the early hours of the morning, I woke up in sleep paralysis, hallucinating the sight of children hanging from the ceiling. Now I'm scared to sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 945
You deserved it 1 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I had them all the time when I was five. I saw a black octopus dragging itself towards my bed every night. They went away by themselves eventually, hopefully they will do the same for you.

Comments

Sleep paralysis is actually a fairly common thing, so a trip to the doctor most likely wouldn't be necessary. I think OP just needs to stay positive and remember that it's just your mind playing tricks on you, it's completely normal.

Why don't people understand that THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL DISORDER, and more importantly, is NOT DANGEROUS and 100% normal?!? Going to a doctor for this is a waste of time and money.

sugarbear101 4

I've woken to sleep paralysis to a demon multiple times. It came twice in dreams too and all of a sudden went away

ManBearPig44 11

I get sleep paralysis too, but I don't get how people say they see stuff, my body is completely paralyzed, I can't even open my eyelids to see stuff. The only thing I can do is control my breathing

Some people get it just after opening their eyes but before fully waking up enough to move... People commonly feel like someone is sitting on their chest. I only got it once and felt that and I saw a shadow to my right but that's about it

The scariest incidents with it I've had were when I COULDN'T control my breathing. I didn't feel like I was getting enough oxygen and when I finally shook myself out of it I gulped air til I was dizzy.

Me too. I haven't had many episodes, but when it has happened, I've just been lying there unable to move. No hallucinations, thankfully, only an unsettling sense of unease.

Hallucinations are really common in sleep paralysis, as well as seeing shadows moving around. When I used to have episodes of it, I used to not be able to move or breathe. All I could do was look around the room, thinking I would suffocate. It was horrible. I was scared to sleep.

I'm glad that I have never gotten sleep paralysis. Sorry about the hallucination op.

Are you sure it's not demons? ...do you need me to call some Hunters for you?

pshtuthinkicare 19

I'll call Sam and you call dean, k?

I don't need hunters but you can send them my way any time ;)

grogers311 20

"One two, Freddy's coming for you..."

Glynnis62 13

I use to have this when I was younger but I never had any hallucinations. It seems to have stopped for many years until recently. The few times that it happened so far, I would hear some kind of ringing sound like a UFO or something or see a dark figure at the end of my bed, kind of like Slenderman.

Normally you can wake your self up by trying to move your toes and fingers