By bwoolf96 - 10/09/2015 12:32

Today, in the early hours of the morning, I woke up in sleep paralysis, hallucinating the sight of children hanging from the ceiling. Now I'm scared to sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 945
You deserved it 1 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I had them all the time when I was five. I saw a black octopus dragging itself towards my bed every night. They went away by themselves eventually, hopefully they will do the same for you.

Comments

That sucks OP. Next time try to wiggle your fingers and toes. It will help you snap out of it. Research "lucid dreaming" for more information on it.

fuckyou19 6

I get sleep paralysis a lot, it sucks. sorry, op.

I feel your pain Op. I've had sleep paralysis once before and I saw a lady in a white tattered dress standing in the corner of my room. Light was shrouding her face so I couldn't see it but her body had holes in it with light shining through.

I used to have them often. To avoid it, do not fall asleep on your back. It tends to happen just as you fall into deep sleep, so as long as you are not on your back as you try to drift off, you will avoid it. I have had it so many times before that I no longer freak out and this method has stopped it from happening in months.

I've had it happen a couple times. The most recent one that I had, my mind somehow recognized that it was dreaming/partially awake and that is what snapped me out of it. Since you've had them so often, do you recognize that you're still asleep when it happens?

Like 6 years ago I learned it existed (never had it) and that laying on your back can cause it. Ever since then I've always been to nervous to sleep on my back.

I've heard and seen things in sleep paralysis, the most recent one being wild animals bursting into the house and rushing up the stairs and scratching/pawing at my door. One thing that's always helped me was to wiggle my toes, maybe that will help you too?

Sorry OP, that sounds horrible! Yet it sounds like a good horror movie

alee38410 5

I had those too , but I would see a demon face in front of me and I Couldn't move.