By notmine - 20/04/2014 02:39 - India - New Delhi

Today, I work at a food joint as a chef, and a customer found a long strand of hair in her food. The manager blamed me, even though I'm bald. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 713
You deserved it 3 541

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Once you were stuck with the blame you should've apologized for having really long pubes.

#2: *there's The original commenter was correct.

Comments

oddities 20

#2, quick lesson in grammar entirely meant to benefit you. "Theirs" is possessive and a variant of "their" (as in, "I found out that the puppy was theirs"), "there's" is a compound word combining the "there" that refers to direction, placement, etc. (as in, "There's the store"), and "they're's" is not a word but "they're" is a compound word combing "they" and "are" (and would be used like, "They're my friends"). ▾ Important note below Sorry if that annoyed you a little, I just think people should get to know the difference between the 3.

revelation11B 10

I didn't know that Mr Clean works as a chef...

DKjazz 20

Mr.Clean: You him in your kitchen, but not in your food.

oddities 20
ChristianH39 30

Stupidity, unfortunately, always applies.

You expect logic from management? I wonder if the manager has long hair...

sohigh10 34

What the hell does he think you do with the food:|

trob6999 2

It's still your job to check for the hair and mags sure it isn't served

Mags? Makes*... no because it could've been the customer's hair, but they're too stupid to realize.

oddities 20

Please realize that the customer could've put the hair in there to get a discount or deal of some kind. Some people will sink that low without acknowledging that the chef will get in trouble. There's a damn good chance OP isn't at fault at all for that. And by "dam good chance," I mean it isn't OP's fault that another chef let their hair fall in, the customer put hair in the food, or the hair got in there any number of possible ways.

There's also a type of customers (luckily, not a very common type), who plant things such as strands of hair into their own food in order to claim compensation. Not sure if that was the case here, but it's a possibility.

brittnaaayy318 12

It's more common than you'd believe I work in a restaurant and the things people clearly plant in their food just to get a free meal are insane. They don't even care that could be risking someone's job.

You were probably just a scapegoat. I know a friend whose manager pinned a complaint on her because a customer's order was forgotten even though it was her work mate's job and the customer demanded to file one.

What a jerk. It probably was his that's why he wants to blame someone else.

Must have thought you have some pretty long pubes

Sounds like your boss is just using the whole hair in the food just to blame you which is ridiculous.