By way2gosam - 26/05/2009 04:52 - United States

Today, I went to the hospital in premature labor. Alone, I texted my best friend/crush and asked him to come and sit with me for an hour while I waited on my mom to arrive. Eating cornflakes and watching TV, he replied "I can't". Apparently TV is more important than a best friend in labor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 214
You deserved it 23 878

way2gosam tells us more.

Okay, I'm finally writing back to all 401 of your comments. Yes, I am a pregnant teenager- although, I can not see how that has any revelance to my post, pregnancy in teenagers happens quite often and I do not appreciate the judgemental/negative comments being thrown at me. It's pure slander. Yes, the father and I did have a fallout and I will be raising the baby on my own, with the help and support of my family and friends- not to mention he lives in the northern part of the state that I live in, which happens to be 4-5 hours away, even if he wanted to be here for the arrival of our child(which we are expecting to be a girl), he could not make it here on time. Therefore, my mother is my "go'to man", for lack of better words. I also notice you all are saying that he wouldn't want to hold my hand or watch the baby being born, I never said he would be in the delievery room- I simply asked him to keep my company during the scary hours of contractions that were yet to come, until my mother could arrive and take over. Yes, we had previously discussed it, and he had said that if need-be, he would be there. Unfortunately for me, he was speaking pure lies. As for the premature labor I did go into, they did stop it, and I am now on bed rest while taking a medicine called "terbutaline" every 4 hours in order to hold her until full term. (Which is also why I could write my FML, I didn't come home taking care of a baby, I came home on bed rest so I could have my baby at the correct time. I had nothing else to do but write my FML.) I do understand how confusing and misleading my post was, but keep in mind you only get a certain amount of letters to work with when writing your original FML, and by reading this I'm sure you've noticed that I could not elaborate thouroughly with 300 letters as a maximum. I do appreciate your opinions, even though I do not agree with all the statements that were made. Just wanted to explain since there were so many confused people.

Top comments

he probably knows you are into him so is avoiding being to close to you incase he gets the position of father figure to your child and is therefore stuck with you and the kid forever, he saved himself from having a fml

Is he the father? If he is, he should be more than a "crush". Sounds like a bad choice to me either way.

Comments

yea how about you called the father instead!

Maybe he isn't the father and doesn't wants to get invovled in your crap.

Where was your husband? Wait, let me guess... no husband.

NotNegativeNews 0

Interesting. People are simultaneously saying 'men don't want to see that stuff, it's too much pressure, etc' and 'he's a bad best friend/bad choice of best friend', and 'it's normal to want your best friend there' and 'you're being too mean to him/being self absorbed'. hmn. #59 Why, how many best friends do you have? I wouldn't want a random friend /acquaintance to show up and see me like that. And how can it simultaneously be 'what would possess someone to not want to come see their friend's labour' AND 'expect too much from him when he has his own thing going on' ... and my goodness. Lots of women go into labour by themselves- they're home alone at the time (she's premature, remember?). And... not everyone stays with the father of their child. Doesn't mean she's inherently bad. Why aren't you bashing the father, rather than her? It must be her fault, it sounds like. She's the ****, or drove him away, or something. What about him? Surely most women, if it were able to work, would stay with the guy. And if she slept with him and didn't intend to have a full relationship or something, (or he was lying to her perhaps) that's not the worst thing in the world to do. Guys do it allll the time, (okay not all of them.) and no one cares. 'yay, you got some last night!' And I know some 'relationships' where the guy is an abusive ... person, and really, he has no business being there at the birth. Unmarried and pregnant does not mean 'teen'. Easily could be a woman in her 20s.

fretforyerlatte 0

52 - you're definitely right, i guess i could have phrased that better. it's not that she's not allowed to find love again, but with an infant it would be pretty much impossible and really shouldn't be a priority at that point.

Not everyone is prepared to see a woman in labor - especially if it's not their child. I'm sure if it was his child it would be different.

fallen_angel_fml 0

ok you really don't know what happened with her so stop judging her. Maybe she is a teenager or maybe she just made a bad decision oh and what about if the pregnancy wasn't her fault what if she was raped. So none of you have the right to pass judgement on this poor girl who had no one there for her while she was going into labor. OP- Congrats on the new baby. I hope you are very happy as a mother. You maybe need a new friend though.

#66 Yes there is a difference between guys sleeping around and girls doing so. Because like it or not, we are biologically different, and women can get PREGNANT! Which means she's potentially messing up both her own life and the life of her child if she's not ready to be a responsible parent. Having children isn't a right, it's a responsibility to the child. Unfortunately, these days a lot of people don't see it that way. And, since she considers her "best friend" to be someone who wouldn't even leave the TV to come sit with her in the hospital, that to me screams immature teenager who shouldn't be pregnant.

fuckmyl1f333 0

YDI for having a crush on your best friend while you are pregnant with someone elses baby.

xandyx33 0

This is too confusing. Why isn't the "crush" the father? So, you're saying you had sex with one guy and have a crush on another? It would be easier if you could explain with more details or just say that he's your best friend instead of crush. However, get a new best friend. Being there with you doesn't mean he has to take responsibility of anything.

You know, pregnancy takes about 9 months. Or less, in OP's case. That's a loooong time between having sex and giving birth. A long time during which it's easy to get over someone and develop feelings for someone else. I'm guessing that's what happened. OP had sex, got pregnant and abandoned by the baby daddy, and moved on. Her best friend just so happened to be the next guy she started liking, booohoooo, big deal.