By way2gosam - 26/05/2009 04:52 - United States

Today, I went to the hospital in premature labor. Alone, I texted my best friend/crush and asked him to come and sit with me for an hour while I waited on my mom to arrive. Eating cornflakes and watching TV, he replied "I can't". Apparently TV is more important than a best friend in labor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 214
You deserved it 23 878

way2gosam tells us more.

Okay, I'm finally writing back to all 401 of your comments. Yes, I am a pregnant teenager- although, I can not see how that has any revelance to my post, pregnancy in teenagers happens quite often and I do not appreciate the judgemental/negative comments being thrown at me. It's pure slander. Yes, the father and I did have a fallout and I will be raising the baby on my own, with the help and support of my family and friends- not to mention he lives in the northern part of the state that I live in, which happens to be 4-5 hours away, even if he wanted to be here for the arrival of our child(which we are expecting to be a girl), he could not make it here on time. Therefore, my mother is my "go'to man", for lack of better words. I also notice you all are saying that he wouldn't want to hold my hand or watch the baby being born, I never said he would be in the delievery room- I simply asked him to keep my company during the scary hours of contractions that were yet to come, until my mother could arrive and take over. Yes, we had previously discussed it, and he had said that if need-be, he would be there. Unfortunately for me, he was speaking pure lies. As for the premature labor I did go into, they did stop it, and I am now on bed rest while taking a medicine called "terbutaline" every 4 hours in order to hold her until full term. (Which is also why I could write my FML, I didn't come home taking care of a baby, I came home on bed rest so I could have my baby at the correct time. I had nothing else to do but write my FML.) I do understand how confusing and misleading my post was, but keep in mind you only get a certain amount of letters to work with when writing your original FML, and by reading this I'm sure you've noticed that I could not elaborate thouroughly with 300 letters as a maximum. I do appreciate your opinions, even though I do not agree with all the statements that were made. Just wanted to explain since there were so many confused people.

Top comments

he probably knows you are into him so is avoiding being to close to you incase he gets the position of father figure to your child and is therefore stuck with you and the kid forever, he saved himself from having a fml

Is he the father? If he is, he should be more than a "crush". Sounds like a bad choice to me either way.

Comments

#9 - that is HILARIOUS also, who cares where the dad is? why the hell is that such a big issue here, he obviously wasn't mentioned for a reason. plus, we don't know how old the OP is. she could be in her thirties or something. yeesh

kitties_fml 12

#42: **** you. If she is a teenager, she could have been raped, for all you know. Don't make assumptions and judgments based on essentially no knowledge of the situation. Stfu.

I agree with #92. You sound kind of too young. But anyway, thats not my point here. Just dump your so-called best friend. Best friends aren't supposed to be like that. Good luck with the rest babe.

palmtrees 1

#40 that is the stupidest logic I've ever heard. Just because something's happening more frequently we should accept it as okay? Date rape on college campuses happens at a disturbingly high frequency (more than the colleges would usually like to admit), but that doesn't mean we just decide it's okay and stop worrying about it. This FML seems like it probably has a lot of back story that couldn't be included, so it's a little hard to understand what's really going on...

WOW JUST CRAPPY fmls in this front page.... this site seems to be over :/, goodbye glorious days of good FML

well not every guy in his free time want to watch someone give birth :/ you have a crush on him so I'm guessing theres no baby daddy?

To all the people saying how the friend shouldn't have to / doesn't want to/ you're a bitch for asking him to be there for the delivery: Where the hell is there ANYTHING in the OP regarding the birth itself? She asked him to come sit and wait with her and offer support (as a good friend should) until her mom was able to arrive and take over. She didn't say anything about forcing the friend to stay should she actually start having the baby before her mom arrived. And in regards to the father, and how she's apparently a horrible person for not calling him instead: - He could be a soldier overseas - He could be dead - The baby could be the result of a rape (yeah, it's pretty rare, but anything's possible) - He could just be an asshole who she doesn't want in the baby's life. I'm disgusted by all the people saying she DESERVES to be frightened and alone through something like this, and telling her that she MUST be some sort of bitch for having the audacity to ask a close friend for some support for a WHOLE HOUR. Absolutely disgusted.

NotNegativeNews 0

#81. Not necessarily 'sleeping around with random strangers'. Perhaps it was a friend, or someone who she was going out with for a few months then it turned out that the relationship wouldn't work. I find it hilarious that on this site, if someone posts that he and his girlfriend waited 2 years to have sex, everyone goes 'what were you doing for two years, playing scrabble??' ie, there's the whole 'as if you wait that long!! what's wrong with both of you!!' attitude. Yet if someone DOES and then gets pregnant, and then realises that the relationship sucks, because they were only with them for three or four months all up, it's all her fault.

101 - he's not likely to be dead, because i'm pretty sure that she wouldn't be over the baby's father's death in less than 9 months (considering it's premature, i'm guessing even less than that), especially with the whole hormones going crazy thing. OP, FYL for the whole premature labour and being alone, that must be horrible, and i hope your baby is happy and healthy and i'm sure you'll be a wonderful mother.