By way2gosam - 26/05/2009 04:52 - United States

Today, I went to the hospital in premature labor. Alone, I texted my best friend/crush and asked him to come and sit with me for an hour while I waited on my mom to arrive. Eating cornflakes and watching TV, he replied "I can't". Apparently TV is more important than a best friend in labor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 214
You deserved it 23 878

way2gosam tells us more.

Okay, I'm finally writing back to all 401 of your comments. Yes, I am a pregnant teenager- although, I can not see how that has any revelance to my post, pregnancy in teenagers happens quite often and I do not appreciate the judgemental/negative comments being thrown at me. It's pure slander. Yes, the father and I did have a fallout and I will be raising the baby on my own, with the help and support of my family and friends- not to mention he lives in the northern part of the state that I live in, which happens to be 4-5 hours away, even if he wanted to be here for the arrival of our child(which we are expecting to be a girl), he could not make it here on time. Therefore, my mother is my "go'to man", for lack of better words. I also notice you all are saying that he wouldn't want to hold my hand or watch the baby being born, I never said he would be in the delievery room- I simply asked him to keep my company during the scary hours of contractions that were yet to come, until my mother could arrive and take over. Yes, we had previously discussed it, and he had said that if need-be, he would be there. Unfortunately for me, he was speaking pure lies. As for the premature labor I did go into, they did stop it, and I am now on bed rest while taking a medicine called "terbutaline" every 4 hours in order to hold her until full term. (Which is also why I could write my FML, I didn't come home taking care of a baby, I came home on bed rest so I could have my baby at the correct time. I had nothing else to do but write my FML.) I do understand how confusing and misleading my post was, but keep in mind you only get a certain amount of letters to work with when writing your original FML, and by reading this I'm sure you've noticed that I could not elaborate thouroughly with 300 letters as a maximum. I do appreciate your opinions, even though I do not agree with all the statements that were made. Just wanted to explain since there were so many confused people.

Top comments

he probably knows you are into him so is avoiding being to close to you incase he gets the position of father figure to your child and is therefore stuck with you and the kid forever, he saved himself from having a fml

Is he the father? If he is, he should be more than a "crush". Sounds like a bad choice to me either way.

Comments

MSJ91 1

well, the OP might not have wanted to/been able to quote everything he said, so "I can't" is just a part of their conversation. It could also be that she chose to become a single parent, although somewhat unlikely. =/

#27 Several possibilities. Could be she was texting/calling on the way into the hospital or during the eternity they have you cool your heels before anybody actually sees you. Could be that the hospital doesn't care about cell phones in the delivery rooms. Or could be the rules against cell phones is waved for first time mothers who don't have anybody by their side.

I don't think he's your best friend, I think you just like him, he knows it, and doesn't want another guy's kid.

Unless you are the dad, guys find that baby delivering stuff gross! The greatest day of my life was being there when my child was born, but I stayed by my wife's face during the process. Her sister and mom watched from the business end. But for anyone else, the whole ordeal . . . yuck!

If I were him, I would've stayed as far away from any responsibility over the kid of some other guy too.

fretforyerlatte 0

i guess the rules for cell phones differ, but my best friend and her fiance were able to call and give me updates while she was in labor. and afterwards in her room she was able to keep her cell on. i could say a lot of things about it seeming like you're way too young and/or immature to be having a baby and so forth, but it's kinda late for all that now, it's already done so you better grow up FAST and be a good mom to that baby. remember, no matter what you do to that kid, it's still going to love you, whether it wants to or not. it's up to you to make sure it's a healthy relationship. sounds like the dad's not around. unfortunately, this seems to be more and more often the case. i hope you have a good support system of family and friends. raising a child is hard enough when you're married, doing it alone will be very tough. take him to court if you have to, get your child support. even if you somehow don't need the money, put it aside for your child. they deserve that much. good luck.

hello all you people nagging at her for being pregnant, girls get pregnant at any age these days so live in the now.

Agreed . My best friend had a kid at 14 .

That's so sick, you bastard. Lowering the status quo for people that can't keep their legs shut. I will never accept that as "ok" in society

nxkftw 0

The word "crush" and "mom" in this FML suggest to me that you are a teenager if this is the case then I feel no sympathy for you.

I have to say I agree. Not trying to be a bitch but come on, why are you popping babies out yo womb anyway?