By Anonymous - 16/12/2011 14:25 - United States

Spicy
Today, I went to the doctor's thinking I had a UTI. Turns out I have an STD. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 177
You deserved it 40 078

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DontModMeDammit 10
Carbonite2010 0

At least you don't have UTI RIGHT?

Comments

seximexi911 10

Yikes! Haha I'm sorry op. Maybe you have one that's curable?

perdix 29

So you thought you had one TLA*, but you had a different TLA. Well, you came to the right place! Here at FML, we love TLA's! YDI and FYL! *TLA = Three-letter abbreviation. Some people say "three-letter acronym" but that's almost always incorrect. I refer you to Prof. George Carlin's scholarly work on the distinction between acronyms and abbreviations.

spekledworf 18

someone thinks they is supa inteligant

Never you mind, ZDT and spekled. Just go back to whatever you were derping. Er, doing.

TheDrifter 23

It's good to find a fellow follower of Professor Carlin's seminars. Now if only his lecture on learning how to think vs learning what to think would catch on as well as the one on the 8 words you can't say on television did.

Ayame - I have to respectfully disagree with your disagreement. While there is some controversy on the exact nomenclature, an acronym is usually defined as a word made from initials, like sonar, radar, and laser. Things like "TMI" and "YDI" are considered initialisms. An abbreviation is any shortened form of anything.

perdix 29

No, Ayame, an acronym is an abbreviation that can be pronounced as a word. As brother George put it, "The CIA, FBI and IRS are not acronyms, they're just pricks."

ElenaGrayce 0

No one likes a know it all....

Kirlyfoo 9

Doc bastard and perdix in the same convo... Legendary

Same thing happened to me. Sucks big ones

sleepRX 16

Dirty. Since I don't know the whole story, this word describes,perfectly, how I felt when reading this FML.

perdix 29

The symptoms of STDs in the early stages are the same as a UTI, but then you get insanity and chancre sores. Merry Christmas!

I like that you immediately went with syphilis, my personal favorite.

perdix 29

Good times. Good times! I went and got gonorrhea because I read that with it, I could "get pussy." I didn't realize that the first syllable was "pus." :(

McAninch35 9

That attitude right there will get you no ****, clean or dirty