By foreveralone - 13/01/2014 01:00 - United States - Franklin Park

Today, I went to the doctor, only to find out I can no longer eat chocolate, my favorite food. When I got home, my boyfriend took the chocolate cake I'd been eating from the fridge, sat down in front of me, and ate the whole thing without breaking eye contact. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 229
You deserved it 7 147

Same thing different taste

Comments

Wow if I were a Doctor I would be terrified to tell a woman she could no longer eat chocolate.

Imagine if she's PMSing the day you'd have to tell her.

I never understood the whole chocolate craving while PMSing. I never got cravings. I actually hate looking at food for that week. I don't know why, I'm probably just weird

I never craved it, but I ate it cause I felt fat so might as well stuff my face with it. I think it's mostly just comforting, like ice cream after a break up thing.

Brightbulb 39

I'm exactly the same way 49, it's all I can do to drink during that week. It does cut down on the water weight and bloating though, which is always nice :)

While I feel bad for you, I also love his sense of humor.

skyeyez9 24

That wasnt humor. He was being a dick.

Were you there? No? So you don't know that.

I would've just pushed his head in the cake and walked away. Bitchy? Yup. But I'd be bitchy if I couldn't enjoy chocolate.

That is so evil it's brilliant! His fault anyway for eating the chocolate cake like that.

I agree. If he's gonna do that, take the cake and dump it over his head. Make sure it gets in his hair, nose, ears...

oj101 33

Im sure OP could find some chocolate to suit her needs - as there are lots of variants such as organic, gluten free, diabetic-friendly etc

Squeaky_Tomato 14

Unless she is like my mother. She can't have chocolate unless she wants to have a migraine. :/

NEVER eat "diabetic friendly" chocholate. It is horrible. I would rather my blood sugar be high. It's just... absolutely nasty.

You could also try carob, if you're allergic to cacao itself. It's a pretty good substitute, actually.

Bulldozer36 21

He saved you from agonizing over whether to have some later. I'd marry that guy.

Why on earth would you throw away chocolate?! What the **** did chocolate do to YOU?! The smart thing would been to eat it, just not how he did it.

rockne93 17
Rainhawk94 27

There will be one idiot that will take this comment seriously. Now we wait *hides in bush*

Find out what his favorite food is and return the favor

So, you can't eat it because you're allergic to it now, or diabetic? Either way, sorry. And your boyfriend is an ass.

You can still eat chocolate while your diabetic. You just have to watch how much you consume. I've been diabetic my whole life and still eat it on occasion.

Brightbulb 39

It could also be because of IBS (chocolate causes excruciating stomach pains/cramps/constipation/well you get the idea), or be one of the lucky ones where it affects their PCOS at which point the amount of vomiting makes you wish you were dead, or it could cause severe migraines where not even a fun sized snickers bar will let you off the hook. I miss chocolate, but I don't miss the pain and misery of eating it. Peanut butter is just as good, and no pain.