By sick - 30/09/2009 15:12 - United States

Today, I went to the coffee shop for my usual morning latte before class. When I got my drink, I asked again to make sure it was soy. The barista assured me it was. It wasn't. I'm ridiculously lactose intolerant and just spent six hours throwing up because she was too lazy to correct her mistake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 444
You deserved it 3 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ghembob 2

I hope you went back, talked to her boss, and got her fired. Firing her is the least the boss can do considering the lawsuit you could have for what happened.

Comments

I've had the same thing happen to me. I didn't throw up though, just got a stomach ache. I know it's hard to take jobs in food service seriously sometimes, but ****! You can't mess around with people's coffee.

CJ090 0

Well u obviously deserve it for buying a $12 small lattee duhhh lolz DD rules Starbucks blows Na but 4 real u shud complain and try 2 get free coffee for a year I'm tellin u if I had free DD coffee for a yea my piss wud b black lolz

sbarre1 0

Dude. Learn English. Also, she didn't say Starbucks. You're a dumbass.

cadillacgal79 32

Guys, I think it's trying to communicate.

Lactose intolerance is not the same as an allergy. A SEVERE LACTOSE INTOLERANCE is not the same as an allergy to peanuts or something. Drinking milk when your body can't process lactose will just make you feel sick, it can not kill you. You can even build up a tolerance to milk if you do it slowly. You need to understand what you're claiming to be afflicted with and STFU about your ******* soy latte.

franfran_fml 0

dude, if you don't like this post then don't read it. Also if you want her to shut up about her soy latte, then never, ever complain about your food/drink at a restaurant 'cause you would then be considered a hypocrite and not too mention the people around you would ask you to SHUT THE **** UP!

franfran_fml 0

to* not too, my bad. My "o" key is sticking.

ur a complete and utter douchebag. the OP never claimed lactose intolerance was an allergy, that was some of the posters. Secondly, don't try to TELL someone that they're not really THAT intolerant to milk. "I just spent six hours throwing up cause my barista gave me milk instead of soy milk" "You're totally overreacting. You're not that lactose intolerant. I'm sure it wasn't that bad. It's not like you died. Jesus, you retard, you have no idea what you're even afflicted with. And I DO!" "Yeah. You're right, I think i'll go drink some milk. I must have imagined my severe allergic reaction" Ahh..no

again like many have said before lactose intolerance and an allergy to dairy is completely different. your example is irrelevant.

CaptainBlake 0

I don't suppose you could sue for this... Too bad.

This. Or they thought it was some vegan ******, that believes that drinking milk is murder. ZOMG, EVIL CUP OF MILK.

If you have doubt, make them make it over. Something else that I've seen first hand happen at a coffee shop: I ordered a drink with soy, and I watched them make it. When they realized they poured in regular milk, they poured it out and made the drink in the exact same cup. Just next time, if you have reason to suspect they didn't use soy, or that they possibly did use soy but poured it into the same cup as a mistake, ask them to make it over and explain the situation. Most baristas are pretty nice and understanding. Just be nice about it.

habesjn 0

If you're lactose intolerant, don't drink coffee. That's playing with fire right there. You can't trust these people who put milk in 500 drinks a day to change their forced habit. Still, FYL. and I'm not blaming you, because I love coffee, I'm just saying statistics would show that if you got coffee every morning, they had to screw it up eventually.

visage 0

Yeah, this screams law suit. This isn't a "my coffee is too hot" situation, but a "WTF.. trying to kill me" one.

satanstoystore 0

if you had spent that 6 hours throwing up at the stand i am pretty sure they would keep it in mind next time.

I'm with this. Regardless of whether it was a mistake or not, 6 hours of cleaning up the result of someone's not-paying-attention should make the entire place be more careful about keeping soy and milk separate next time. :/