By Anonymous - 29/11/2011 18:40 - United States

Today, I went to go get my driver's license, only to be told that I need a copy of my birth certificate. In order to get the copy of my birth certificate, I need a driver's license or my passport. In order to get a passport, I need a copy of my birth certificate or a drivers license. I have none. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 690
You deserved it 5 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So pretty much right now you are just destined to fail?

lmaoatall 6

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't a drivers license and a regular id considered to be a state license? To obtain either you'll still need the same info. Atleast in my state it's so.

Comments

ohjessica 11

Haha this happened to my friend today! Weird.

sophiagrace26 0

I think its happened to most of us at least once or twice to be honest..

I read about something like this happening on this website called FML today!

Urbanchiller 0

Nop, that shit never happened to me, coz i got a damn birth certificate,apprently I mean a lot to my parents.

iAmKyah 0

There is a way to get around that

miz_kamakazi 11

Try getting your birth certificate online.

missghs09 0

Yeah I've done that wayyyy easier

Don't do tht unless u want to get ur identity stolen be smart

sugarandspice33 0

I would guess 16 because he/she wants to get his/her drivers licenses

16 there is no way you are 25 years of age and that dumb.

lazyfox80 1

Get the BC application notarized by a notary public...

sinking_fish 12

17- A notary has no say in whether or not a birth certificate is valid or not. So even if one did sign one, the DMV or whoever won't accept it because there isn't the states "seal".

emily_love 3

#22 Not ever birth certificate has a seal on it especially if you where born before it was required

justliving08 0

It's called a social security card

felishaallen 2

Your birth certificate is a matter of public record. Anyone can go get a copy of it. Seriously. I had a friend from my home state go to the court house and get a certified copy of mine and mail it to me.

shrdlu 28

I phoned the city clerk's office of the city where I was born (where the hospital was, not where my parents lived then), they told me the fee (under $10), I sent them a check, they mailed me copies of my birth certificate complete with the city seal. A common request for them. Small delay and a small fee, but solved everything.

felishaallen 2

Not saying that I don't see your point, but am saying that it shouldn't be as difficult as the OP is saying it is to obtain their birth certificate.

Your parents have a license/passport, so they can get the certificate for you. Just sayin'...

Looks like you're shit outta luck. Sorry man.

Just go get a proof of garniture.. Not that hard to get the solution to your problem.