By Anonymous - 07/03/2014 02:52

Today, I went to an auction for the first time. When the run-down house I wanted to bid for came up, I opened bidding at £12,000 and surprisingly won. Feeling pleased, I turned to the person next to me and said, "Lucky me!" She replied, "Yes, lucky you!" and then under her breath said, "Cockhead". FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 214
You deserved it 9 336

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bluucat 17
afkwarrior 25

Wow. Tell her to go bid on some manners.

Comments

I guess we all know who won't be getting invited over for tea

melacortez 11

Well that's random, but congrats on your new house

The_Big_Boss 20

Oh no, you were called a cockhead. How will you ever get over this?!

good luck! An absurdly low price BTW. Is it a real house? Here in Belgium you can't even buy a garage forthat money. Maybe enough 'land' to build a garage on.

DaMann360 19

Big ass Barbie house for that price

But.. What if your head actually looks like a **** and you've never ever noticed? Maybe she was just being observant :)

the0ddest0ne 5

That would be interesting. Someone with a head shaped like a ****, how likely do you think that would that be?

I'll just say this: some people should never go bald

the0ddest0ne 5

Well, were you a cockhead? Kidding, I'm sure you're not. It's okay though, you won a house for a really low price, you should be celebrating, it's not like she's someone you care about. In simple, short terms: you won something, she needs to learn manners, but you still shouldn't care what she says while she's being a sore loser.

She's bound to be jealous that you won and she didn't .

Being jelous doesn't justify being a cockhead.

If no one else counter-bid, it makes you wonder if perhaps you should've bid less...

I think auctions usually start at a set price. Like the auctioneer would say "let's start the bidding at 12,000! who will bid 12,000?" But my full auction experience comes from television so maybe that isn't the case here.

Usually if no one takes the opening bid they will lower it. Unless it was to be sold at a minimum set price.

I guess OP could have said, "well, now I know one person not to rent to", and walk away.

Some stranger called you a cockhead. Seems rather insignificant, since you just got a house for so cheap.

Again... OP never said that the winning bid was 12k.