By Harry - 13/05/2014 22:37 - United States - Milledgeville

Today, I went to a restaurant with my friend, where my credit card got denied in front of everyone. The staff teased me and made me sit in the restaurant while my friend begged for money outside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 855
You deserved it 8 300

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You got declined, but your friend has to beg?

So this restaurant lets its staff tease and ridicule in this situation? After being treated like that, I'd be talking to the manager about making the meal free. It's embarrassing enough to get declined; the staff were just being dicks.

Comments

For teasing you and making your friend beg for money, you should contact the owner. They can't legally trap you there.

Depends on where you live, in a lot of places, if you don't pay, they CAN trap you there until you've paid, if you try to leave, they CAN and WILL call the cops on you. Teasing about it was a dick move to do from them, though. OP's friend might have those to beg for money to pay by himself, too. Don't jump to conclusions >_>

justmeCee 16

Op, YDI for going out to eat with a credit card that's maxed out! You should always check on your balance. Feel lucky that the staff just teased you and didn't call the police to charge you for attempting to use a declined CC to pay for your meal after the fact that you've eaten the food. They made you stay there so you wouldn't be able to attempt the dine and dash trick. From the restaurants view point you stole from them. It's quite possible that you could've known it was going to be declined and just went there anyways to worry about consequences later, or possibly expect your friend to pick up the tab.How the hell do they know what your real intentions were? I feel sorry for your friend that had to go outside and try to beg people for money to pay for your meals. It's way better to use cash or interac to pay for food considering the fact you are paying whatever the price, plus the interest rate on the CC. If you can't afford to dine out then it's simple, stay home and eat.

Talk about jumping to conclusions...When did OP say the card was maxed out?

justmeCee 16

If the card is declined, that means it is maxed out the available credit limit.

Like other people, including myself, have said, not necessarily. Sometimes it's declined even though there's money in the account. It happens at my work sometimes because the card machines are old and tend to play up.

rose20906 2

Pay but skip the tip. I mean if they want to be that rude about it. Accidents happen.

I'm a server and I TOTALLY agree with 37. I always overtip, but if I was treated that rudely or disrespectfully by my server, it'd be a big fat zero.

FYL but there is no excuse for not checking your balance before going out to eat! Hopefully things worked out!

RedPillSucks 31

As many have said, there are lots of reasons a card is denied. This doesn't just occur because of insufficient funds.

so neither you or your friend had a working card? or where is the friends money?

I take it that's the last time you're ever eating there.

was there any other FML that's coming g from your buddy who begged outside for money..sorry OP ..never forget to check the balance before you leave home..

First, if your friend didn't bail on you and helped you get money then you've got a great friend. Second, I would call management and explain what happened and tell them how hurt you are by the whole situation. I'd get those jerks in some trouble. Idgaf why anybodies card gets declined you aren't supposed to be a POS and hassle somebody for it.

Why didn't you just call someone to pay for you over the phone and you could pay them back. Sorry that happened. Better luck next time.