By Harry - 13/05/2014 22:37 - United States - Milledgeville

Today, I went to a restaurant with my friend, where my credit card got denied in front of everyone. The staff teased me and made me sit in the restaurant while my friend begged for money outside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 855
You deserved it 8 300

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You got declined, but your friend has to beg?

So this restaurant lets its staff tease and ridicule in this situation? After being treated like that, I'd be talking to the manager about making the meal free. It's embarrassing enough to get declined; the staff were just being dicks.

Comments

I've actually had this happen. In my case it got declined because the bank put it on hold for "suspicious transactions".

If it was a balance issue, check it before the next time you go out. Otherwise, you may need your card replaced or something. But I agree that the staff was ridiculously unprofessional and rude. You should take everyone's advice and call their cope eat office or at least go back and speak with a manager, though managers often couldn't care less.

Can't believe the way the staff treated you. Sometimes card transactions get declined even when there is money in the account, it happens at my work. They should have at least let you go to an ATM if there was one nearby. Their behaviour was totally uncalled for.

You didn't have another card? And couldn't you pay your friend back if they paid

RedPillSucks 31

Seems like OP didn't have another card, or they would have used it, and most likely, the friend didn't have enough money to pay the bill.

Lmao ******* wannabe emo. You're a loser. Go kill yourself. "omg i cut self gimme attenshin omg slicey"°%*€£§μ°`¥₩¿°§μ¬Г©¤Ωθฯ}©(:V) :-P ©°°¥¥ omg so randomm hahhhha pmg kills elf.kick"

badluckalex 23

**** a tip... the staff teased and embarrassed them! i want to know the name of the restaurant so we know not to go there!!

avapaige1234 19

What kind of restaurant staff embarrasses a customer just because they have no cash at the moment? Somebody needs to get fired, and someone needs to get the meal for free in that situation.

Give them your name and number. Then go back in the next few days and pay. I was in the same situation once.

jessica7725 20

That's inhumane. I'm sorry the staff at the restaurant were so cruel to you and your friend.

Happened to me at a store. Thank god for online banking now