By awkwardd - 19/05/2011 12:51 - Hong Kong

Today, I went shopping with my cousin. Walking down the road, I heard her say "Can you hold my hand?" I was confused, but thought it was cute, so I held her hand and kept walking. It turns out she'd asked me to hold her bag. We didn't say another word after that. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 412
You deserved it 8 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AlwaySunny 0

you want a side of incest with that walk?

Comments

caramels55 6

couldn't you have asked "pardon me?" If you weren't sure of what she said or were confused, you should have asked her to repeat what she said. YDI!!!

This is in Hong Kong, so if they were speaking in Chinese, it would've been Cantonese. And hand in Canto is "sau" while bag is "doi". Which sound nothing alike, and neither do their equivalents in English. Way to go, OP.

What bout doisau? Or "handbag". Not fluent on Cantonese so just a wondering.

just be glad you didn't hear 'vag' instead of 'bag'

I would say YDI, but since everyone mishears something every once in awhile, that sucks on your part. I am actually not surprised considering how loud it can be in Hong Kong.. despite the fact that "Can you hold my bag" and "Can you hold my hand" contains completely different words in Cantonese.

annonomusCG 0

What the hell?!?!?! she's your cousin man. not the backwoods where your dad is also your uncle. CMON!!!!!'

towboater198425 6

she said bag,you heard hand! you know what they say when you sleep with your second cousin?............................... stop counting!