By ash - 18/05/2016 20:00 - United States - Winnebago

Today, I went shopping on my only day off. The only aisle open was self-checkout. I'm a cashier. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 975
You deserved it 1 772

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think this was just meant to be a sarcastic little Fml and it made me laugh. Quit looking for some deeper meaning people.

Vegnas 13

The term for this is "Busman's Holiday" because the bus driver will most likely need to ride the bus to wherever s/he is going.

Comments

"Did I find everything I was looking for today, ma'am—DAMMIT!"

You should have made a scene and demanded service from the store manager...

kingdomgirl94 29

Making a scene and demanding a store manager will not magically make extra cashiers appear. They have an associate that watches the self checkout and then one or two people on till early in the morning and late at night. If someone calls in sick, and the other person goes on the break that they're legally entitled to, gasp, only self checkout is open. You won't die from scanning your own shit, get over yourself.

kingdomgirl94 29

Managers have better shit to do than cash out asshole customers. If you ever want to make a scene, imagine someone repeating every word you're going to say in a high-pitched, squeaky voice while laughing their ass off at you in the break room, because that will be your legacy.

hoosiergirl94 31

Was it really that big of a deal that you had to scan and bag your own groceries? Wow, tough life.

Cashiers dont like having to scan and bag groceries all day long and then have to do it on their only day off. Its annoying. I used to b one i know how OP feels.

I'm a cashier and actually prefer the self checkouts so that things are bagged the way I would do it but I'm picky lol

FalloutScrolls 25

Pat yourself on the back because now you know you're a valuable asset to the company.

When you moderated this and it was accepted, congrats! <3

This is good because you can get checked out quickly when your turn comes.

I used to be a cashier and I use self checkout all the time. I was in too long. The outside world doesn't make any sense now.

who cares it takes two seconds..or just be a normal american and wait 2 minutes in line if it's that big of a deal

I don't want to click 'this could have happened to me' - this does not seem like an fml. You just had to self-checkout. Not servacing other people, just yourself