By manda8484 - 01/11/2016 05:12 - United States

Today, I went on a first date with a guy I've been crushing on for a while. When he dropped me off, I said thank you and that we should do it again sometime. He replied, "Yeah, maybe next Halloween." FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 781
You deserved it 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's a date. Now you've got 364 days to get ready for it!

Maybe he decided to dress up as a douche this halloween

Comments

Maybe he decided to dress up as a douche this halloween

So he's a douche just because he didn't like her? Gtfo.

Or because he dealt with it childishly instead of saying it like an adult?

italiano234 7

@#6 why do I see you on every FML being rude to either OP or others sharing their thoughts? Enjoy the report, troll.

It's a date. Now you've got 364 days to get ready for it!

He may not of meant it that way. He may just be able to see you in his life for the next year and just thought of it in what he should do next Halloween, not the next date.

Yes, or maybe he was possessed by a purple dinosaur that made him say the wrong thing. Or maybe, just maybe...it's the real world and he doesn't like her

Judging by all four of your comments pointing out that he might not have liked her, you seem a little bitter.

Do you really not consider the fact it could have just been an accident? I can easily see myself saying that, in a similar vein as replying "you too" when wished a happy birthday. It is entirely possible he very much wants to go on another date, and as it was halloween, was just what came to mind. You definitely seem bitter.

Perhaps he didn't mean it that way? I know all about saying stupid things by mistake

I mean, if your date was something like going to a haunted house, then his response is pretty understandable. As in, he thought you meant you should do that specific thing again, instead of going on a date in general.

If you're that worried about it, ask for clarification on whether he meant the specific event or general dating. That said, people don't usually plan an event a year out that is a date. (Also, why date on Halloween? Costumes aren't really the best thing to make a good impression with for most people. Theater people and certain subcultures, though...)

If you went trick-or-treating and you said to do it again sometime, that's just literally the earliest time you'd be able to go trick-or-treating again. If you didn't go trick-or-treating, what's wrong with you?

He's Tate from first season of American horror stories

Don't worry OP you'll find a man that will respect you and treat you the way you know you deserve

At least you'd got the opportunity to go out with him.