By fredfredburger - 25/06/2014 17:45 - United States - Imperial

Today, I went on a date with the girl I like, to see The Fault In Our Stars. She didn't cry, but I did. Twice, hard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 406
You deserved it 13 808

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Watermelon2011 6

If she's a mature woman she would appreciate you showing emotions. :)

Comments

This isn't really something you should be embarrassed about unless she judged you for it.

RedPillSucks 31

Even if she judges OP, he shouldn't be embarrassed. That's her issue.

She's probably not a very loving person then. Or she's emotionless. There's nothing wrong with showing your emotions :)

Just because someone doesn't outwardly cry, doesn't mean they're not emotional on the inside, or not feeling what everyone else is.

I'm a very loving person and sow a lot of emotions but I didn't cry, I never cry over movies although I emotionally connect. Crying is not how everyone shows emotion.

91hayek 31

I hear people are bawling in the showings of that movie. Not sniffling, not sobbing but full on crying-until-you-shake-and-your-nose-runs kinda crying. If anything I am suspicious of her and her robot ways.

I think it's weird that people can cry during movies. It's all fake. But then again, I'm much more of a horror slasher fan, and a love movie despiser.

Holy_Schnikes 23

An Officer told me after the movie that he had to sit all day re watching the movie because people kept complaining about the crying. and one girl slept through it, woke up at the end and cried.

Even if it's fake it doesn't make it any less emotional. Some people are able to detach themselves from it, but the point of films is to really connect with the story being shown. As people have said, you don't need to cry to show emotion, it's just one way of expressing it. I got a lump in my throat but didn't cry and I still felt emotional.

I'm sure she'll be fine with that. Everyone cries. If she isn't, then she's not worth your time.

Girls like sensitive guys anyway, I'm sure she didn't mind

chocolatefrog28 29

The book made me cry like a baby, and I'm sure the movie would do the same. You're in good company, your date may just have her wires crossed a little.

Stay away from that heartless girl... She ain't worth the love

Doesn't necessarily mean she's a heartless girl, she just may not like to show her emotions around others.

AplJax3 2

I went through an entire box of tissues watching the movie, despite know how it was going to end. You're stronger than I am, at least, and be proud you actually have emotions.

Spoiler alert.. I didn't know until I made an assumption from your comment :/