By McFizzy321 - 13/12/2012 03:43 - United States - Merritt Island

Today, I went on a cruise. I gave my bags to a porter, and tipped him $5. Later that night, my bags still hadn't arrived at my room, and that's when I realized that I'd paid a fake porter to steal my bags. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 885
You deserved it 5 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Report it. It's not like he swam away with your bags. I'm sure the ship security will investigate since you probably aren't the only victim.

Comments

sweetmama88 6

Oh shit, get your towels ready It's about to go down...

It took took you that long to realize that your items were stolen? Okay...

I've not been on a cruise ship before but I suppose a cruise porter is similar to hotel porter. Therefore the porter would take your bags to your room for you whilst would all the checking in, plus OP probably had a look around the ship or got lost before eventually finding her room and by the time she's found it, ta da! The thief has left with the luggage.

lilicoco_fml 5

You ARE on a boat... everyone is still on the boat... so maybe you should report it and they'll search all the rooms. Obviously the guy has no where to go. And you can identify him from security and then they can look up his name. BAM Your stuff will be back.

You have to report him immediately, give a good description of the guy and the most characteristic items in your bag. If he does this often, maybe he is still to be found at the port. Or maybe they can track him down if he tries to sell your stuff... Either way, that really blows OP, someone ruining your trip like that. I hope you still get to enjoy it.

It might not be him that stole it. I've gone on several cruises, (also from FL). I learnt that more than one porter handles my bags. AND. . . they just leave your bags right in front of your cruise's door room. Anyone of the other passengers could easily have stolen it while it lays in the hallway. Luckily everything's on video taped, even from the pier.

Gosh, that's terrible OP! I'm sorry. I once went on a cruise where someone stole our laundry right out of the shared dryer, so I feel your pain.

This is why I always carry my own bags.

rocketshipx 6

Clearly no one has been on a cruise before. They don't bring you on board. You hand off your bags before you even get NEAR the ship and they sort it for you.

gmaniac93 7

Reminds me of the episode of King of Queens when Danny goes to a diner with a Corvette and lets a fake valet parker steal it.