By notaguidette - 23/01/2010 19:47 - United States

Today, I weighed myself. When I was fifteen, my mom yelled at me, saying that I was going to end up being 200 pounds by the time I was forty. Well, mom, you're wrong. At this rate I'll be 200 pounds by the time I'm twenty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 966
You deserved it 37 952

Same thing different taste

Top comments

prove her wrong by eating more and more and become 300 pounds :)

No! Just stop eating junk! Start eating less meat, less fatty foods, and stop listening to your bitchy mom and start feeling like you are worth something. And excersise - not because you're fat, but because ypur life is better when you do. Maybe you'll loose weight, maybe you won't. But you'll be healthier.

Comments

lenea092_fml 0

don't listen to your mom. just try to eat healthier and no worry about your weight unless it's a health issue. in time the weight will go away with diet and excercise. ^__^

Polionixon 2

wait... are u ready for this!!!!!! obesity is not caused by what genes you have. I was shocked as well when i found this out in class. BUT metabolism is a factor.... Some people are blessed with really high metabolism... they dont have to work out or nothing and could prolly eat mc donalds 8 times a day for 8 years and still not gain a pound. Then you have people with really low metabolism and they can friggin gain 8 pounds from eating a fry this shit isnt fair. lol

Polionixon 2

wait... are u ready for this!!!!!! obesity is not caused by what genes you have. I was shocked as well when i found this out in class. BUT metabolism is a factor.... Some people are blessed with really high metabolism... they dont have to work out or nothing and could prolly eat mc donalds 8 times a day for 8 years and still not gain a pound. Then you have people with really low metabolism and they can friggin gain 8 pounds from eating a fry this shit isnt fair. lol

boatkicker 4

You do realize you just contradicted yourself, right? You said obesity isn't caused by genetics, and is caused by your metabolism. Pretty sure how fast/slow your metabolism is, is caused by your genes. And also, even if you're super thin, eating McDonald's that often will still cause health problems. Been there, done that.

#91, just because something is encoded in your genes (which everything is), doesn't mean that it's heritable. your entire body is the result of genes and what they encode, it doesn't mean that you will pass everything on to your kids. So, even though your genes might provide you with super awesome metabolism, it isn't a trait that is passed down to offspring. Learn the difference between something that's in your genes vs. something that is heritable.

Polionixon 2

I'm just goign by what i was taught in college, also that was just an example a sarcastic example.

boatkicker 4

Perhaps, when you are told contradicting things, you should look them up and get more information on them.

Polionixon 2

Actually that makes sense i just didnt put my thinker on.

YDI YDI YDI!!! I'm so over these "omg someone told me i'm fat and they were right" FMLs. Stop complaining to the internet and join a gym, fatty fatpants!

CaseAndPoint 0

Well I say screw anyone that calls you fat if you are happy/ alright with your weight. I am 210lbs and 5'10" and I know I need to lose some weight, but I haven't hit the point where the weight is painful enough to make me change. Don't get my wrong I have changed my ways some, using stairs more, drinking more water, sugar free gum, etc., but until I am in tears or in physical pain about my weight it is not that freaking bad.

boatkicker 4

Agreed. If you're happy and it's not causing any health problems than be whatever weight you are!

skeleton_skinner 0

You grow between 15 and 20 I used to weight 140 when I was 15 and now I'm 20 and weight 185 but it helps that I'm 6 foot tall as have large breasts. But either way it just depends on ur body type. People say I look 130 not almost 200 YDI for being paranoid. And who cares how much you weigh as long as you're happy with the way you look then you're fine

"I'm 6 foot tall and have large breasts"... are you male or female? The answer is very important for clarifying your story.

damnrosi 0

yeah... think people are lying to you sweetheart. My friend is the same height, with larger breasts (p.s. thats just fat, lose the wieght and they dissappear, in other words, don't lose the weight!) and a few pounds lighter, and people tell her she looks a lot lighter because she is a nice person and they don't want to hurt her feelings (but she doesn't actually look thinner than she is, she's just too sweet to upset). But on the plus side people like you and think your nice and don't want to hurt you!

It depends on your frame and physical attributes. Im a woman, 5'11 almost 170lbs, I dont look like I weigh that much (thanks to my boobs and booty). Ive had people bet money that I dont, so Im pretty sure they werent lieing. I wont deny that I have a belly, although others will argue that I dont. Usually on a tall person, losing 5 or ten pounds is noticeable, always has been for me and many of my friends. As for the OP, unless your wieght is interfering with your health or happiness, dont worry about it. Having a few extra pounds isnt bad, if you are comfortable with who you are. Oh, and tell your mom to shove it and be supportive of you! If she feels the need to comment on your wieght then ask her to find a more constructive way to deal with the issue. I say FYL because your mom is just being insulting, YDI if you dont try to deal with this issue.

I wish everyone would stop talking about BMI. it's ridiculous it was created by a belgium just to compare height and weight and ESTIMATE a persons health. it has nothing to do with how healthy a person is. acording to BMI George Clooney is overweight and Brad Pitt is obese. health is different for everyone. If you are unhappy being almost 200 pounds do something about it, if your happy enjoy life.