By notaguidette - 23/01/2010 19:47 - United States

Today, I weighed myself. When I was fifteen, my mom yelled at me, saying that I was going to end up being 200 pounds by the time I was forty. Well, mom, you're wrong. At this rate I'll be 200 pounds by the time I'm twenty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 966
You deserved it 37 952

Same thing different taste

Top comments

prove her wrong by eating more and more and become 300 pounds :)

No! Just stop eating junk! Start eating less meat, less fatty foods, and stop listening to your bitchy mom and start feeling like you are worth something. And excersise - not because you're fat, but because ypur life is better when you do. Maybe you'll loose weight, maybe you won't. But you'll be healthier.

Comments

kaybbyx3 0

nothing exercise and a healthy diet can't fix. don't you want to prove your mother wrong? I mean the older you get the harder it'll be to lose the weight. don't be lazy and complain just do something about it

i'd rather be as thin as a shelf than being fat. stop eating and go to gym, damn, YDI for eating so much.

Don_fml 0

If you really want to do something about it rather than just whine, I have some suggestions - things that have been working for me: 1. Stop drinking soda. Seriously, you don't need the sugar. Drink soda water with a little lime squeezed in if you have to. 2. Stop eating processed/pre-packaged foods. They're just fat/sodium/sugar/HFCS bombs that do you no good. 3. Slow down when you're eating. Eating fast means you get more in before you stomach tells your brain you're full. 4. When you're eating, avoid having a drink at the table - all a drink at the table does is allow you to eat faster by washing food down. Have a drink afterward. 5. Serve yourself a reasonable amount, then eat it. If you're still eating too fast (I do) you'll still feel hungry. Ignore it. Get up from the table, get yourself a glass of water and walk away. Drink your water and wait at least 10 mins. If you're still feeling hungry, have a little more. 6. Stop driving. Really. I'll bet there's almost nothing that you do that you can't walk or bicycle to. I've put nearly 3,000 miles on my bicycle in the last two years. I've also lost 25 lbs. so far, without making myself be hungry. I eat good food, as much of it as I want to, then I stop. I bicycle or walk everywhere - work is 8 miles away. I even grocery shop with my bike and a trailer. If you want to just whine, then this isn't an FML, it's a YDI.

boatkicker 4

Very good advice Don, on all fronts. If OP works within 10 or 15 miles of home, biking is definitely the way to go.

Don_fml 0

10 or 15 minutes? My ass. It takes me 40 minutes to bike to work. Big deal.

boatkicker 4

Well, luckily, you realized in time. Losing weight is very very hard, but stopping yourself from GAINING weight is entirely possible. Just eat normal meals in normal portions, don't drink sugared drinks and make sure you exercise half an hour a day - even a brisk walk is good enough exercise.

jee some of the people commenting on this should be a little nicer. its not easy losing weight, and not every 200 pound person lives off junk food.

yakturk43 0

YDI FOR EATING LIKE A PIG. love how fat people say FML and blame the world when it's ther fault they are as big as they are. it's called a gym, use it

vde_fml 15

For a girl that is a little bit too much. If you would like me to give you some tips on food and wight loss and how to eat properly feel free to PM me.

YDI. Learn to control yourself or talk to a doctor. Complaining about it on FML will not solve problems.

lonelygirl18 0