By Anonymous - 04/07/2009 01:45 - United States

Today, I watched my best friend get married to the guy I have been in love with since the 8th grade. I was the maid of honor, and had to give a toast to the couple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 464
You deserved it 17 685

Same thing different taste

Top comments

...sounds like a plot to a romantic comedy....

Comments

why didnt u do something before they got married? say......ninth grade??

I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you, but kudos to you for being a good enough friend to let them be happy together rather than trying to split them up.

I think that you never tell them, and that you're a good friend after all, 'cause you didn´t get in the middle of a relationship. I know girls who would probably don't mind about a friends fellings and will start to get mad and do some bad stuff just for jealousy when they start to date. And if you told them and get rejected, I think you are a good friend too just to be in the wedding (something important for your best friend for sure) and handle the situation. Best of luck!

I'm still the 154: sorry for the mistakes, I'm from Barcelona, my english is not so good.

aaaaa12345_fml 0

you actually fell in love with someone in 8th grade? wow

Crzy_EyesSunrise 0

Man, that sucks. Sounds like something right out of a movie...that's just too sad. They say a new love is the only way to rightfully heal a wounded love...but I have no other advice than that. I sympathize.

twilightfann23 0

Ohh that sucks. I'm gonna be in the same sitch in a week when my friend gets married.

ziqi92 0

talk about crap. i feel ur pain but what i, or my friend had once experienced was nothing compared to this. lets see...three guys once chased after one girl. one tried hard for over a year and a half. i tried but not too hard for about half a year. and the third tried for half a year just like me. guess who won? the third guy. we were all best friends too. u made the toast? ur voice must have really trembled...

i feel so bad for you! that is so sad :(

uh.. so sorry? I really have no empathy for you, however. Judging from the description, it sounds like the three of you guys (you, your best friend, and the guy as well) have been friends "forever" and you NEED to move ON with your life. You should be happy for your best friend and the guy you've been in love with for SO long. I personally believe almost any two people can fall in love with one another (from my own experience and from watching it happen to friends of mine). So, you just need to do some exploring and sooner or later, you'll find a guy who's more perfect than your 8th grade crush.