By oops - 18/05/2009 08:45 - United States

Today, I was working at my job as cashier. This really attractive girl that comes in walked in, so I mustered up the courage to ask her out, by writing my number on a dollar bill. She pays and a dollar is her change. I go to hand her the money when she sees it and says, "Keep the change". FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 320
You deserved it 18 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If someone came up to you and just wordlessly handed you their phonenumber, would you really be inclined to call them? I don't see how this is considered a reasonable strategy for asking someone out. Surely asking for their phone number is a better way to show interest, because honestly just expecting some stranger to call you because you gave them your number is a bit arrogant.

That's a really great way to make some extra cash. Keep it up.

Comments

next time, write your number on a $100 bill... that catches more attention.

Edmund_Dantes 0

Writing your number on a dollar bill is not "mustering up the courage to ask her out." It's just creepier than normal cowardice.

you so deserve that one for not opening your mouth and asking.

Blind_Ninja 0

Take some advice from a guy who also doesn't have the best "game". Don't ever bother giving out your number unless she asks for it first or you're that guy every girl wants to bang. Chances are, bitches won't call back. Either ask for her number, or don't give her yours. If you ask for hers and she says to just write down yours instead, don't even waste your time. When they ask for your number instead, that means they don't want you to call them. They'll usually give you an excuse to why they can't give out their number. It's all lies. You obviously have less game than I do.

kellster 2

What a silly thing to do! You know you can get fined for writing on money, right? I guess you scratched it out, but still - why not just ask next time? Also: so she wasn't into you. Get over it.

Imawhalerider 0
poobear 0

you deserve it for not having the balls to actually ask her out. besides who would want to date a cashier? id say no even if you spoke and were hot

I think it's kind of a cute idea, I won't hate on you for that one. Did she clearly see you write your number on it? If she didn't, maybe she thought you were cute, too, and was trying to be sweet by letting you keep the change.

You youre words buddy, you;ll go through a lot of girls but you will figure out what you did wrong.

And it makes me sad that everyone keeps telling the op to "grow a pair." Just because a guy isn't all up in a girl's face about asking her out doesn't automatically make him a coward. I like a guy who's a little shy, personally. And to all the girls saying things like "who'd want to date a cashier?" ...seriously? Are you really that shallow? Really?