By oops - 18/05/2009 08:45 - United States

Today, I was working at my job as cashier. This really attractive girl that comes in walked in, so I mustered up the courage to ask her out, by writing my number on a dollar bill. She pays and a dollar is her change. I go to hand her the money when she sees it and says, "Keep the change". FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 320
You deserved it 18 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If someone came up to you and just wordlessly handed you their phonenumber, would you really be inclined to call them? I don't see how this is considered a reasonable strategy for asking someone out. Surely asking for their phone number is a better way to show interest, because honestly just expecting some stranger to call you because you gave them your number is a bit arrogant.

That's a really great way to make some extra cash. Keep it up.

Comments

Did she see the number or the bill? If she just saw the bill and said "keep the change" cause it was only a dollar, then you just lucked out, but no harm so try again. If she saw the number on the bill, and then said keep it, well YDI for such a cheap pick-up line.

wtfman1 0

how many jobs do you have?!?!?!?!? first a waitress, then a cashier among others??? what else do you do?

Petorious09 0

Definitely agree with the other comments here. You should have struck up a conversation and then, if that goes well, ask for HER number. Very rarely do girls like to call/initiate things with guys... especially guys they don't know and haven't talked to. Also, texting doesn't count as asking someone out either. Ask a girl out for real, please.

braFTW 0

Isn't writing on a dollar bill illegal?

ashbaby010 0

ah ha ha ha ha ha. kinda sad you had to "muster up the courage" to do that. grow some balls.

FreedomFirst 0

Hate to break it to ya, but that is NOT "mustering up the courage." That's saying "bock bock bock" (like a chicken) and sneaking her your number on a dollar bill so you think she can't say no. When you actually DO "muster up the courage" and get dissed, that will be an FML.

Dude you didnt even talk to her and you just asked her out and you're shocked she would say no? Give her a reason to date you.

Sweetie, if i were you, i'd be expecting aaaaaaalot of prank calls. Money is like an endless cycle.