By Allycat - 09/10/2013 01:19 - United States - Ronkonkoma

Today, I was working a kid's birthday party dressed as a clown. The child's mother made me change because he was scared of clowns. The only thing I had in my car was a princess costume that was owned by a girl co-worker. So for 4 hours I had to entertain in a tight pink dress. I'm a guy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 161
You deserved it 5 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I find it odd that the mother didn't verify what you would come as if she knew her kid hated clowns. Usually the costume of the entertainer is discussed beforehand.

hey money is money! There is not much of a difference between a clown and a princess regardless of gender at your age. ;-)

Comments

Rissa11 9

She didn't think of that before she.ordered a clown performer?

akireonivert 3

I pictured you as Gru from Despicable Me 2 movie.

OP, you rock for doing it anyway. And I bet you were the prettiest princess at the party.

Clowns are scary as **** ... No wonder the kid wanted to wear something else.

Could have been worse...maybe...but still that would be a fun memory...

You didn't have a backup costume? Well, now you know, I guess. And if the princess was a hit, get one in your own size, and have fun with it. Go Monty Python's Life Of Brian level cross dressing recursion with fake beards over your real beard, falsetto voice faking lower, own that shit. Or just be like that guy who I can't for the life of me remember which state he's from, who's this tough old guy who just so happens to wear blouses skirts and bows all the time. And thinks the people who attack him for it are idiots stuck in the past.

her child is scared of clowns, hires one for his birthday party... completely her fault OP