By Allycat - 09/10/2013 01:19 - United States - Ronkonkoma

Today, I was working a kid's birthday party dressed as a clown. The child's mother made me change because he was scared of clowns. The only thing I had in my car was a princess costume that was owned by a girl co-worker. So for 4 hours I had to entertain in a tight pink dress. I'm a guy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 161
You deserved it 5 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I find it odd that the mother didn't verify what you would come as if she knew her kid hated clowns. Usually the costume of the entertainer is discussed beforehand.

hey money is money! There is not much of a difference between a clown and a princess regardless of gender at your age. ;-)

Comments

Today my dumbass husband hired a clown for our kid's birthday even though they are afraid of clowns. Trying to rectify the situation I asked the clown to change into something else. He came back in drag. FML

raininginseattle 9

Today, kids birthday parties. But with that pur-tay dress, tomorrow, bachelor parties!

So what? It was a kids birthday party. No big deal.

The humiliation you feel is because you link "pink" and "girl". Those two things are not linked, they have nothing in common. Linking a colour to a gender is all in your head, it's a thing you need to let go of.

I'm pretty sure its not the pink that made him humiliated but the fact that he was in a TIGHT PRINCESS DRESS did. So i'm pretty sure that this costume was made for a girl. And the costume was probably not his size so it was probably weird looking and uncomfortable. Linking this FML with your stupidity is all in your head, and it's something you need to let go of...

Perdition25 12

Are you going to say that "dress" and "girl" are not linked too? I would have to guess that wearing a dress in any color at all for 4 hours is the more humiliating aspect.

But the FML is implying that Hes a Guy Wearing girls stuff and that is what ***** his life. If not he could have just wrote that the costume is uncomfortable and too small and stuff and thats what ***** his life.

Some men like wearing "girl clothes," but most men don't. If OP is one of the ones who don't (which he presumably is, since he thought it was FML-worthy), then of course he's going to feel uncomfortable.

If you're a guy willing to dress up that long like that, you ought to receive plenty of money on that. Makes you feel any better, I love clowns!!

RedPillSucks 31

not a good thing at a kids birthday party. Perhaps later at the dads bbq

hazardmuffin 21

It's kind of stupid that the mother didn't bother figuring out what kind of entertainment she was expecting before hand, unless the kid had never expressed a fear of clowns til that point. Also, I'm sure wearing an ill-fitting dress was kind of awkward, but I hope that was the reason for your discomfort and not the fact that it was pink or a dress.

RedPillSucks 31

Probably more the fact that it may have been several sizes too small, and a dress. Giving boners to gender confused kids is not a good idea.

There's nothing wrong with being uncomfortable about wearing a dress. Plenty of girls don't like wearing dresses either.

To be honest, I think that's more entertaining than any clown.