By brhorton02 - 06/04/2009 14:42 - United States

Today, I was waitering at the restaurant that I work at when I collected a credit card bill that was worth $120 and a big zero on the tip line. Angered, I turned to a co-worker and said "I knew this asshole wasn't going to tip me." The guy was standing right behind me with $30 in his hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 480
You deserved it 166 676

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was stupid. Plenty of people pay tips with cash instead, myself included.

I hope he threw the money in your face. Ha, no I don't. I hope he gave the money to your co-worker.

Comments

#150-people DO work for the tips. And the higher the bill the more likely it was a bigger table, and the OP had to work harder for them then their other tables.

OP: You always complain about the customers in the back, where they can't hear you! You must not have been serving for very long. Everyone else: If you live in the United States and you think that 10% is a good tip, you're wrong. I generally get 20% on my table, sometimes I get more and sometimes I get less. If you gave me 10%, I would think that you were cheap or you give the benefit of the doubt that you don't know any better. As a server, I would be pissed if I thought I got 0 on a 120 because I actually lost money taking that table. I would still have to tip out for that table, so I'm actually OUT a couple of dollars because of some assholes that didn't know that tips are expected here. p.s. some of y'all should spend two weeks serving customers at aprox. 2.23 an hour and see if tips shouldn't be expected after you receive your paycheck.

rxysurfbum07 0

"I spent five minutes wasting my time fighting on FML.com today." FML On that note, I'm signing off.

I've worked a couple jobs in the service industry, driving cab being one of them. Tips are great, I understand, but I've had bills of close to a thousand dollars, not gotten a tip, and not expected one. You should never expect a tip. You should do your job as well as you can because that's what you're paid to do. Period. Tips don't even enter into the equation.

YDI. If you expect tips, then you deserve not to get tipped.

#116 that is exactly right. I tip well and never on a card. this dude is a moron. And if you make minimum wage don't expect a tip. Tip jars at dunkin donuts really piss me off.

150 -If you gave me a two dollar tip i would throw it in your face you cheap a-hole. And maybe pull a "You obviously need this more than i do"

piper922 0

In America, tipping IS expected. Servers make $2.65 per hour, wayyyy below the minimum federal wage of $7.25. 15% is the general rule, with 20% to be expected for good service. So for all you cheap bastards on here commenting about not expecting a tip, GET A CLUE. servers actually DO serve for the tips. its not because they love being someone's bitch and refilling their water glasses 10 times in a meal.