By hoboman - 02/09/2009 15:12 - United States

Today, I was turned down from my dream job at a graphic design firm. Before the interview, concerned about my hobo style would not impress the company, I shaved, cut my long hair, and even bought a suit. They said I wasn't "free-spirited and creative enough." FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 503
You deserved it 6 723

Same thing different taste

Top comments

screwtaylor 0

You should never change your style for someone else.

Comments

Perhaps, seeing as they're a graphic design firm they were referring to your work not being creative enough and not your appearance. I really doubt this comment was about your personal appearance rather than your work.

Nice cop-out. Blame your clean-cut look for your rejection. They probably looked at your portfolio or other samples of your work to find that you are a no-talent, derivative, unoriginal, plagiarizing hack. It's hilarious that you will be going from having a contrived hobo affectation to living the real deal full-time.

just goes to show, be yourself. not a corporate puppet - unless, of course, that's who you really are.

Awe man that sucks. Why didn't you show them a photo. Never change, be yourself. If they didn't like it then it clearly wasn't a job you would've liked

Yeah ******* right. I bet your portfolio "wasn't free spirited and creative enough".

YDI for not researching the company before going to the interview. I researched the place where I work, interviewed in a tshirt and jeans, and got the job.

driedpeaches 0

free spirited and creative in design just means finding new ways to make your old designs look exactly the same as everyone else.

Probably had nothing to do with the way you looked, but still, how ironic. FYL

it's a graphic design firm. what were you expecting?! I showed up at a web design firm with shorts and converse shoes and tshirt. I got hired on the spot.