By Anonymous - 02/10/2014 04:47 - United States - Olive Branch

Today, I was talking to my brother about how careless people are. Minutes later, I shocked myself with my dog's shock-collar. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 913
You deserved it 35 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Good! Now you'll know how your dog feels if you chose to use such a cruel device. There are much better ways to train your pet than shocking them to obey.

Comments

Everyone chill out the shock collar isn't a torture device. It doesnt hurt the dog. I'd been shocked my one before and it didnt hurt if anything it just scares the dog. I have 2 beagles without the shock collar and a fence they would be running away constantly!!! They have learned to stay away from the fence at a certain distance now. But once in a while someone will forget to close the hate and they have ran off to hunt a rabbit before with the shock collars on. To remind those reading these dogs are beagles who are breed to hunt for rabbits and are used as hunting dogs as well.

cheshireau 26
bunny409 14

shock collars are an absolute LAST resort. ydi

YDI for being such a cruel piece of shit and using a shock collar on your dog in the first place.

As a dog owner, I object to using a shock collar. It's cruel and all it does is teach the dog to be afraid, resulting in an unstable dog. There are a million ways to correct your dogs behavior without hurting it and that result in a much happier and healthier dog.

YDI for using a shock collar on your dog

I have used shock collars on my dogs for years the only way it will hurt them is if you crank the shock level all the way up ( I have never done that) but other than that it is just an unpleasant vibration

Mr_Mole 24

It's still cruel. Teach them in a positive way.