By lily - 23/03/2009 15:46 - United States

Today, I was taking the bus home from work. As I was getting off an old man whistled at me, I told him to go to hell and got off the bus. When the bus drove away the old man stood in the back of the bus, holding up the wallet I left that he was trying to give to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 454
You deserved it 134 320

Same thing different taste

Comments

84 yeah cause there is no place better to make a grab then on a bus. If the whistler was really old, then there is a chance that his vocal chords have weakened and it was simply easier on him to whistle then to shout out to her, either way he was trying to do something good and she was being a vain bitch.

LoveFifteen 0

Obviously the old man was a good person. If he weren't, he wouldn't have tried to get her attention. I realize you made a mistake, but hopefully it taught you a valuable lesson. P.S. It's pretty ridiculous to say things like "most men are creepy". That is ridiculous.

All of you idiots saying she deserved it are ******* stupid. You don't WHISTLE to get someone's attention. That's not clear enough for a person to understand you're trying to do something nice. If a guy whistled at me my first reaction would be "sick pervert. go to hell." because generally if I'm trying to give someone their wallet back, or if they dropped something i say "Excuse me! you dropped your wallet/paper/whatever they had!" it was nice of the old man, but stupid to whistle instead of calling out to her.

#90, she may have been too far away to really yell effectively. People whistle all the time to get attention. I work at a restaurant with a take-out window, and customers often wait in their car, with the windows up, facing away. Yelling does not work. Whistling, however, tends to get their attention. And there's a big difference between whistling to get attention and whistling as a catcall. Furthermore, it doesn't make anybody a sick pervert. In the past, guys would actually whistle at a girl as a compliment, and nobody would be offended with it. It was just a way to tell a girl that she's pretty. Only the stuck-up prudes like yourself would be offended by it. It's kind of sick if it's an old man doing it, but I doubt she knew that.

stupid punk, you deserve to lose your wallet! jumping to conclusions like that.

I can't really honestly push ydi... because i know it's OUR (the male population) fault she reacted like that... come on guys... honestly you know how much shit we give chicks (some of whom we don't even know) in a day... and that's just from you! multiply that by about 100 or so, and it's gotta get old. sucks he had a reason though sweetie.... hope you got your shit back.

daniibaby 0

Okay honestly I don't know why anyone is calling her a "stuck-up prude" and such... I don't think the guy handled it well at all. And I don't blame you for not even looking at him because you never know what people are up to these days...