By lily - 23/03/2009 15:46 - United States

Today, I was taking the bus home from work. As I was getting off an old man whistled at me, I told him to go to hell and got off the bus. When the bus drove away the old man stood in the back of the bus, holding up the wallet I left that he was trying to give to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 454
You deserved it 134 320

Same thing different taste

Comments

Well, now you've learned that you either ignore the whistle completely, or you glance over a smile politely in thanks. Even though this wasn't a sexual whistle, if it had been, he was simply complimenting you. There are worse things that he could have done.

Good god, people, if some old man whistled at you, it's quite likely you would be a little annoyed/creeped out. If he really was a pervert, you all would be cheering the OP on... for ****'s sake, quit being hypocritical dumbasses. That said, it is an amusing anecdote. Sorry about your wallet, and I hope you didn't have anything particularly important in it. If you did, then yes, your life is quite possibly thoroughly ******.

As a fellow bus rider, you gotta be perceptive when it comes to people wanting to get your attention.

it was a whistle. even if he was being pervy, what did you lose turning around? you deserved it. for not making sure you had everything before you got off the bus. and he deserved the wallet and cash. for trying to do the right thing.

crazy_cat_lady 0

Everyone is saying that the OP deserved it because she was being stuck up and arrogant, etc, but we females get tired of being whistled at like objects. It's flattering, but after a while it's just old. You people really believe that she had it coming to her for standing up for herself when the guy could just have easily said, "Excuse me, ma'am?" to get her attention.

LMAO this is funny asshole gets there money taken away from being a bitch dont jump to conclusions like that

digitalangel 0

@26 amen! It's equivalent to someone walking up to you, saying "you're really pretty" and then walking away. It's creepy and demeaning.

There are respectful ways to give a compliment and then there are disrespectful ways. Someone just letting you know you're pretty and leaving it at that is purely a compliment. It's so sad to see girls nowadays who think they're such hot shit any and every positive comment about them is "annoying." There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone giving you a respectful one. But clearly if you think that they're all "creepy" then you have an ugly personality and don't even ******* deserve one.

Totally agree with #26. He could have stood up or called out to her. Whistling is not really a positive way to get a woman's attention. While I agree with most posters that she didn't really need to tell him to go to hell, I don't think she deserved it, either.