By ZZ - 30/06/2009 03:01 - Canada

Today, I was riding my bike on the side of the road because there was no sidewalk. Then a car with a loud horn honked at me. Pissed off, I turned around and screamed "shut the fuck up!" It was my girlfriend's parents saying hi. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 568
You deserved it 66 766

Same thing different taste

Top comments

a1mostevi1 0

Comments

mehwhateverr 0
fern707 0

riding your bike on the sidewalk is illegal you fucktard

This is my first time hearing about this law regarding bicycles on the road. I live in Anchorage, and I've never seen a cyclist on a non-residential road in my life. We always use the sidewalks or bike/skii trails. OP, I'd be inclined to think YDI, but I imagine having a horn honked at you for something as mundane as a greeting would be pretty irritating, so yeah, FYL.

You didn't think they might be honking at someone else? Or they might be honking as a warning? Or they might be greeting you? We have people honk as greeting here all the time.

I symphatize with you. Honking can be so misleading. I flipped off someone after they blared their horn at me. Turns out it was my boss saying Hi.

That made me laugh the hardest of any I've read on here, nice one

A bike is considered a vehicle according to the law and must be driven with traffic on the side of a road/street or you must use a bike path where available. Riding on the sidewalk is illegal.

It's illegal to do that in some states in the US, and it's highly discouraged elsewhere. It's even a part of a lot of the knowledge test in my state.