By Username - 17/05/2012 14:37 - Australia

Today, I was really stressed, so I tried to let it out by crying. It lasted about 30 seconds, and I was making fun of myself the whole time. Even my subconscious thinks I'm pathetic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 775
You deserved it 5 252

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Crying isn't your thing obviously. Try working out :)

Comments

you got some serious issues there man :D

Dude, what if OPs a girl? We have some serious crying issues

Solution: "Shut up, brain! Or I'll jab you with a Q-tip again!" It always works for m- WAFFLES, TASTY WAFFLES WITH SYRUP! derp.

Your not pathetic for crying. It helps remove a lot of stress that we sometimes don't even know we have.

ss_20_xx 14

But you're pathetic for putting up a headless picture.

Yes, that makes sense...all pictures must have heads in them to not be pathetic. Your logic is what is pathetic. Go back to the drawing board with your insults and try to think of something clever next time.

zingline89 18

Were you stressed because your girlfriend is upset that your crying isnt the only thing that only lasts 30 seconds?

Isn't your family proud for raising and ass for assuming?

reddudeover 2

20 - This everyone is called POJECTION, note the FML had NOTHING to do with girlfriends or sex yet he felt the need to degrade op like that.

zingline89 18

Wasn't trying to degrade OP. I made a joke that wasn't well received and I apologize.

reddudeover and A_TEEN - it was a joke (not "pojection") and it was funny. Maybe you two need to cry it out together. Zingline - Don't apologise for making a joke. If it doesn't work, just move on. My comment above was buried because I dared suggest that OP actually face his stress instead of crying about it. There's nothing wrong with crying, and crying does reduces stress, but it doesn't do anything to address the actual cause of said stress. I guess I inadvertently offended some people, so I expect this comment to get buried along with the last one.

reddudeover 2

Simple typo on a small touch screen, can you ever forgive me? In your opinion, it was funny. Not all jokes are and as I'm sure you're well aware that is completely subjective/ arbitrary. Not everything said under the opspice of "being a joke" should be ignored. Lastly my comment WAS tounge and cheek and you seemed to have missed that.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

81 - Must you overreact to everything you disagree with? With caps for emphasis, no less?

Was "opspice" tongue-in-cheek too, or just a failed attempt at using a fancy word like "auspice"? How about "tongue and cheek"? Wait, let me guess - that was sarcasm, right?

reddudeover 2

87 - I don't know how you visualize my reaction, but I ASSURE you I'm quite calm. Simply vocing my disagreement =/= "overreacting". 88 - Have you completely abandoned your argument in lieu of ad hominem attacks?

I wasn't aware we were having an argument. Though I'm pretty sure you mean "in favour of" rather than "in lieu of". I realise you're trying to sound smart by using phrases like "ad hominem", but you keep negating it by floundering elsewhere. I'm sorry, what were you saying?

Reddudeover... If you didn't get the joke and/or didn't find it funny, thumb it down, maybe post one comment about it, then get over it. What you're actually doing is completely ripping into this guy for making a simple joke, i.e. overreacting. Is there any need to put him down that severely for (and I shall say it once again) a joke that, in all likelihood, the majority of teenagers would have made? Seems to have hit a sore point then...

reddudeover 2

97 - Thanks for the correction, you know no one's perfect. If you AGREE that crying can relieve stress and I NEVER said or even IMPLIED that op shouldn't face their problems then what is your deal? 98 - I made ONE comment to the person that started this thead the rest have been in response to everyone else.

I thought this might have been a reference to an earlier fml about the guy who's girlfriend e-mailed him the 10 tips for avoiding premature ejaculation. Prolly wrong though.

Real men show feeling and don't bottle them up.

23- i have a solution for you. Get a punching bag.

Ruffclue, does a used body bag count?

Some believe that men who cry are more 'manly' for even giving a crap instead of bottling up emotions.

The men who cries are only one that believes that crying is more manly for giving a crap instead of bottling up emotions. I think if you lose someone you love or a family member then its ok for anyone to cry. But i think in Ops case he was crying because he was stressed. Thats a sign of weakness and not believing in urself.

It's a joke folks. Don't take it too seriously.

I can understand how that feels. The rational you just refuse to go away. You're self conscious even when crying.

sammis 0

OP It's ok to cry sometimes. Just because you're a male doesn't mean you can't have strong emotions. Society puts too much pressure on men to hide their emotions and "man up". It's supposed to be "manly" to not cry. But, you are human, don't feel bad for having or expressing extreme feelings. Sounds like you had a temporary breakdown from all the stress. I really do hope things get better for you.

Try working out. Climbing always works for me. Crying only makes me feel like crap.

Iknoweverything 29

While crying may help some people, it's clearly not working for you. So the next thing to try is going to a gym, finding the nearest punching bag, and shred it to freaking oblivion with your fists! Or you know... hug a dog or something. But punching the hell out of a punching bag feels good too.

Hey that's a good thing if your subconscious didn't join in, in your bawling spree. You actually ended up consoling yourself. You just need a different perspective.