By commando - 27/09/2009 22:03 - United States

Today, I was preparing to perform with my marching band at a competition. Right before we went on, a tuba player friend of mine offered to help me stretch. He wound up snapping my bra. I'm a drum major, and had to conduct the entire show while my boobs were falling out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 015
You deserved it 5 672

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your uniform is like most marching band uniforms, they should be well-covered anyways =p

marimbist 0

Comments

why the **** do u have to stretch before a marching band thing

No joonbee, you've never acually done a physical activity.

in nj at my hs our drum majors wear the reg uniform but have the choice of wearing a skirt. so they wear the top like everyone else and then the skirt. and the colorguard is the only people who change their outfits really....

No way! almost the same exact thing happened to our drum major on saturday!

okay. tubas are basically the same thing as seusophones (I know I spelled that wrong so shutup). btw bassoon destroys all other instruments. go bassoons!!

wandering, I think I've found a friend I didn't know how to put what I wanted to say into words to that field hockey player. but u said it all so thankyou and I'm glad to see other ppl know how we feel. btw I'm in drumline =]

Guys, stop saying this is fake. I'm a female drum major of my high school band, and I wear a black gown. This is actually rather common in bands with a single female drum major. I can totally understand how much it would have sucked to not have a bra. And YES you do need to stretch. Anyone who has gone an entire day of band camp conducting run-throughs of the show understands how bad your arms and shoulders hurt afterwards. If a drum major doesn't stretch her upper body first, she's in for some serious hurt later. I had to go home and take advil and a warm bath every day after my first few weeks as drum major. And Wandering, I love your post. (: Oh, and yes they can be called Tubas. We have sousaphones and always refer to them as tubas. Not to mention there are also marching tubas.

doof_fisch 2

Maybe you can be the mascot -- the band's mammary glands.