By Eli - 14/01/2010 00:08 - United States

Today, I was pointing out my car to my roommate. He responded with, "Oh that one with the broken window?" Turns out my car had been broken into. They took my CD player, GPS and Ipod. On top of that they left a Reese's Fastbreak wrapper and sunflower seeds on my front seat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 763
You deserved it 3 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cookies_for_you 0

If you left all that stuff in plain view, then YDI completely.

ouch sucks but hey eat the sunflower seeds

Comments

neverminddd 0

That's because you probably left all your stuff in clear view rather than putting it away...

I'm guessing that the person probably left their stuff in clear view and it's most likely YDI. However, my boyfriend's car recently got the lock jiggled open (better than breaking the window though) and they stole the gps from his glove compartment. Nothing was left out, they just rummaged through the whole place, even the trash in his car. Oh, and the icing on the cake was they left the lights on and his battery died when he got to it the next morning (Christmas eve morning) and we had to struggle to find someone to drive up and come jumpstart it). I mean, if you left anything out totally YDI but even if you don't leave anything out, your car can get broken into and stuff stolen even if it's not left out. however, you should never leave anything valuable in your car, that's my experience.

I'm not understanding this. If he left things in view, he deserves to have them stolen? Do any of you realize how stupid that sounds?

Well... sort of. I mean, nobody deserves to have their stuff stolen. However, there are very simple things that a person can do to diminish the risk, and those things should be done regularly. The closest we can come to saying that in the two options this site gives us is "you deserve it."

If you don't get it, maybe you should put on your best diamonds and go prancing through a really shady part of town with a giant fist full of money, maybe then you'll get the picture.

If you think this line of thinking is anywhere near logical, next time your car is stolen or your home is broken into, just remember, you shouldn't have left them in sight.

starralchemist90 0

We always put our GPS in the glove compartment before we leave the car...its not that hard.

How about keeping the GPS at home or in a purse/pocket on the go? I generally don't spend money when I stay home, but that doesn't mean I just leave my money and credit cards in my car since they'd be more useful there the next time I go out.

Yeah, he totally deserves it for working to buy himself nice stuff and then having enough faith in humanity that someone will just keep walking if they see it in a car.... What a total douche. I see cool stuff in cars all the time. Guess what? I don't steal it. **** the thief's life, because if you do it enough, you will get caught.

YDI for leaving expensive stuff in you car.

kozmikstarz 0

Your car gets broken into and what tops it off is that they left a wrapper and some sunflower seeds? Yes, you are a whiney mofo, and you deserve to get punched in the face.

Well, they left evidence, so it might be trackable. Of course, you shouldn't have left all that stuff in your car, so unless items were permanently mounted to the dash, YDI.

thecirclingskies 0

i conclude your room mate is the culprit. anyone else see how indifferently he pointed out the broken window!?