By Rachel - 23/10/2014 04:04 - United States - Waynesburg

Today, I was passing notes in class with my crush. I started to pour my heart out and tell him about how I've liked him for years. I was caught by the teacher. He looked at it, laughed, and tore it up. He then looked at me and said, "I just saved you from years of embarrassment. You're welcome." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 976
You deserved it 11 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sevazilla 21

Think of it in a good way; maybe he did. Studies show that the average "crush" lasts for 4-6 month.

Well.. at least he didn't read it out loud in front of the class. That would've been way more embarrassing.

Comments

sevazilla 21

Think of it in a good way; maybe he did. Studies show that the average "crush" lasts for 4-6 month.

Yeah if it exceeds 4-6 months, it means you're in love!

12- Not really... if you have a of thing for someone, it's not like you wake up one day 7 months later suddenly in love. I feel like you actually have to get to know someone before you can be in love with them, love doesn't just automatically happen when it's been six months. (Sorry if you were being sarcastic and I didn't get it)

cjwayy 22

OP said she's liked him for years.

Yeah, but she said she liked him for years..

I'm pretty sure 12 was being sarcastic :p but it's impossible to read sarcasm in text lol

I've had a "crush" on the same guy since 8th grade. I'm in 11th now.

#17 I meant scientifically not feelings wise

Scientifically? How can you be scientifically in love, but not "feelings wise" in love?

I think what the teacher was saving her from was having to read it out loud in front of the class, as many American and Canadian students are forced to do when caught passing notes.

I don't know about the states, but where I am in Canada I'm petty sure no teacher is "forced" to read any notes out loud. In fact I doubt they're even advised to. To be honest I think that's a law suit waiting to happen. I'm not encouraging a law suit or saying that it would be right, But I can just see a parent suing the teacher, and probably the board, because something was read in a students note and then the kid gets bullied and picked on for it; and if that kid ever committed suicide or something then it would be huge. I understand not allowing notes to be passed, but reading a students private conversation or feelings out loud to the class is just demeaning and unfair in my opinion. I imagine kids have been picked on because of what was read out loud to the class. Just rip the note up, and throw it out...problem solved.

Am I the only one who is genuinely surprised that people still pass notes in class???

or maybe he destroyed all chances of happiness with your crush... jerk

well op is a girl... so idk if **** block is the best term lmao

OP could just re-write the note if they wanted to though it is embarrassing

Llamassss 21

#20, it works both ways, he blocked her from the ****.

Mc2013 18

#19 Dane Cook calls it Twat Swat. For if a girl is blocked from the chance with a guy.

Maybe he is a guy, that's why his teacher thought he would be embarrassed.

Ok op is called Rachel, so I think it's save to say she's a girl...

Damnit I was just going to say Twat Swatter lol

Vajected is the best I've seen so far and I just XD

he may have had a point. but don't let that stop you from trying to fing happiness.

that's not his decision to make or his business to be in. that's up to the crush and OP. just write a new one, bc he might like you. Idk many guys who liked passing or writing notes back and forth if they didn't like them.

Pretty mean way of handling things on the teacher's end. These things should just be left alone, the least he could have done was just throw it away and say he enforces his no notes in class policy. I hate when people act like they're arbiters.

Well.. at least he didn't read it out loud in front of the class. That would've been way more embarrassing.

That's what I thought was gonna happen when I got to the part about the teacher taking the note.

Omg yeah. The way this ended is really the best way it could have ended. Not seeing an Fml here

He was probably just jealous that you had feelings for a guy. He may be having a crisis with his own relationship. Who knows.

Jealousy? That's the best you could think of?

I said who knows. Honestly you can never know. People can be very selfish and take out their own feelings on others. I have a teacher like that. Its not "the best I can think of". Its a sad reality.

Well now you'll just have to pour your heart out to your crush in person OP

I think he actually did save you. Your crush would've probably freaked out finding about it on a note.

i agree. if you're passing notes, you're probably sitting close. if he was freaked out, he wouldn't be able to get away, and he would feel awkward the rest of class

I agree as well. It's one thing to tell a crush you like them, it's another thing to tell them all your "passionate feelings" that you've had for them for several years. That note probably would've been awkward and put a lot of pressure on the guy. It's probably better to just tell him you like him and see if he wants to go on a date or go to the movies as oppose to pouring your heart out. That way it's not a lot of awkwardness, and less pressure, for him. Plus, if he doesn't share your feelings, there's a better chance of becoming, or remaining, friends without any awkwardness.

Harsh :/ but passing notes in class over something so personal isn't smart I guess