By Anonymous - 16/09/2014 14:34 - United States - Wallingford

Today, I was mugged. I saw a cop car in the aftermath and flagged it down. Unfortunately, when the cops stopped the mugger, he said he'd been running away because I tried to mug him. Apparently the fact that he was "well-dressed" and I wasn't means he was telling the truth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 061
You deserved it 3 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some cops are just judgmental people. Sorry to hear that they didn't believe you, hope they realized and got your stuff back.

It makes no sense to judge based on how well-dressed somebody looks though. It's easy to buy expensive clothes when you're stealing other people's money, look at any politician.

Comments

So what the Cop basically decided is: you went to the trouble of getting the cops involved and brought the attention on a crime you committed.

Sometimes I wonder how polices even get their job...

AtypicalJew333 12

Man we all have our trouble with the "polices"

ShadowlessSpear 21
cadillacgal79 32

Mainly store policies? I know of some older FMLS that involve both bosses and customers not following them, those poor employees.

#45 I think you meant to comment on a different fml...

HeadlessSparrow 20

If the cops won't stop the mugger, you should just mug the cops!

Try that and let me know how it works out for you.

iLike2Teabag 27

Here lies HeadlessSparrow 1991 - 2014 Death by multiple gunshot wounds while trying to mug a cop.

HeadlessSparrow 20
AtypicalJew333 12

Congratulations 73!!! We shall have a party!!! Tell me how it feels to thumb Someone up, then tell me how it feels to leave a comment simply telling someone you thumbed them up.

#74, he was simply showing that he has a good sense of humor and took the joke in stride.

ScottVining 21

Don't worry karma will get him someday

Rei_Ayanami 18

Yeah, that's great and all, but in the mean time now that OP most likely lost their wallet he will probably be short on cash, have to replace his ID, cancel any and all credit/debit cards he has, have his bank frozen for awhile, and be prone to having his identity stolen. Let me know how much good some "karma" is going to do for OP in the meantime.

Doesn't karma only have to do with reincarnation anyway? I don't understand why everyone has the idea that karma is just if you do something bad then something bad will happen to you one day, and if you do something good then something good will happen to you one day. At least from what I've learned from a teacher (assuming he was correct), karma is how you will be reborn in the next life or what will happen to you in the next life. It has nothing to do with what happens to you in this life. And that's only the case if you're Buddhist or Hindu anyway because I'm fairly certain those are the only religions (or at least the most popular religions) that teach the idea of karma.

ScottVining 21

You two need to view life more positively

I don't view life in a negative way, I just view it in a realistic way. I'm not going to believe something just because it's comforting. I need evidence.

ScottVining 21

I don't believe in karma it was a friendly joke

Oops #18 and I posted at the same time...haha

kotake 7

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works and you can complain to the police chief or your district representative (who may then complain to your police chief) regarding the treatment. But police officers are trained to treat each case seriously. Regardless of whether or not he thought you were serious, he should've opened two cases.