By Ricky - 17/08/2009 01:00 - United States

Today, I was home alone and I started to sing Halo by Beyonce. I was starting to get into it and began singing with more passion until the phone rang. It was my neighbor begging me to please shut the hell up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 413
You deserved it 42 831

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FMLable 0

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH STUPID METALHEADS HATING ON EVERYTHING THAT IS POPULAR? JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING ISN'T YOUR TASTE, DOESN'T. MEAN. IT'S. BAD. I listen to rock and when I hear fellow fans telling others that anything other than rock is crap, I just want to slam their faces into a brick wall. IT PISSES ME OFF. Point is: everyone's got their musical tastes. If you don't like what someone else likes, suck it up and move on. Don't criticise them because people are just gonna think your a retard.

Comments

ooh that sux. i'm surprised the neighbors never stopped me from singing, cuz i sing like a complete idiot sometimes. XDDD

wow. but umm why r u singing that song? just curious. but damn

zendaddy0 0
EffYourLifee 0
FMLable 0
DeathMetal666 0

YDI for listening to that poppy shit house which gets labeled "music" when it barely is. ******* fruit.

YDI for not growing a pair and listening to real music. ******.

ydi, i can't believe you even listen to that garbage when there are good genres such as rock and metal

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH STUPID METALHEADS HATING ON EVERYTHING THAT IS POPULAR? JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING ISN'T YOUR TASTE, DOESN'T. MEAN. IT'S. BAD. I listen to rock and when I hear fellow fans telling others that anything other than rock is crap, I just want to slam their faces into a brick wall. IT PISSES ME OFF. Point is: everyone's got their musical tastes. If you don't like what someone else likes, suck it up and move on. Don't criticise them because people are just gonna think your a retard.

hatepineapple 14

If there aren't any damn instruments, it's not music. Everything else is up to preference. I personally enjoy harder rock and metal, but I will also enjoy other genres like jazz, blues, acoustic, country, or even older stuff like ragtime, classical, or gospel style music. But if there's no skill being put into the music, why listen to it? It's like going to a museum full of paintings of foods, but if you ask the painter they tell you that they made the "painting" by taking a picture of the meals. It's just not a painting. Same applies to "music" using nothing but synthetic instruments, and vocals with layers of auto-tune to make up for the vocalist's lack of skill.

Um, to the above comment, there are always instruments involved in the making of music....

akalisser 0

Because screaming nonstop in your ear is much better than listening to someone actually sing (in reference to everyone that's like OMG METAL ROX POP SUX!) I like all genres of music myself, and can't stand people the judge or act like music snobs because other people listen to a genre they don't listen to. ANYWAY @OP: That sucks, I'm surprised no one's done that to me before!

F_fatchick_lives 0

Because metal is all about screaming..... And you say they are the snobs :(

Thank you #12! So many people I know are really snobbish about thier taste in music, and believe that their opinion on songs is unrefutable, and any songs they don't like are crap. God people- everyone has different tastes in music. Just respect whatever people enjoy listening to, and stop thinking you know what music really is.

akalisser 0

#17: I actually don't think it is, but I was just using its stereotype. Kind of fail on my part, but I was trying to make a point about how stupid this "the music i listen to is better than yours!" complex is.

I can't decide if you're a hypocrite, a liar, or both - or do you actually enjoy people screaming in your ear, as you describe metal? That's not what it is at all. There are actually several subgenres of metal, and only, like, one involves screaming.