By Anonymous - 06/09/2009 18:23 - United States

Today, I was fired from my job. I was a lifeguard and the other day a 30 year-old man who only spoke Spanish hit on me. I'm 16 and I'd politely rejected him. He then went to the front desk and told them how I tried molesting him in the locker room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 516
You deserved it 2 646

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL. How can they even believe that? :S

CDS09 0

This should be easy to disprove...push him for details, when it was, etc, he will probably slip up.

Comments

Are all of you people completely ignorant? 16 years is the minimum age you must be to get your NLS (National Lifeguard Service) award, and that course can only be taken once you've completed Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross. You must also have your Emergency and Standard First Aid, and CPR-C courses. The minimum amount of training to complete these courses is 120 hours, and you must already have been a strong swimmer beforehand. Lifeguards know how to deal with many medical emergencies, such as heart attacks, strokes, seizures, broken bones (including compound fractures), dislocations, sprains, strains, asthma attackes, hyperventilation, major bleeding, collapsed lungs, and open pneumothorax, not just pulling struggling kids out of the water. Young people have fast reaction times and with the level of training lifeguards have, they are much less likely to freeze up in emergency situations than the average person. I am not just a lifeguard, I am also certified to teach and examine (award certifications) for all the courses I mentioned except NLS because I have been in the field for 7 years. Two of the children that I have taught first aid have gone on to save the lives of family members--and they were both 13 when they did. I know a single mother of three who was very greatful that her life was in her 13 year old's hands--and you're doubting a 16 year old? Another of my students saved his 11 year old brother's life. Just because you were a total retard at 16 doesn't mean there aren't plenty of teenagers that actually do something with themselves. I know there are other certifications systems in the US but in Commonwealth countries the way I described is the only way to become a lifeguard.

livexlaughxlove1 0

I live in Ohio and you don't even have to be sixteen.

Peacemonger 0

You are aware, of course, that the Spanish word for 'to bother' or 'to annoy' is 'molestar', which doesn't have anything to do with sexual assault. The guy probably was trying to tell your employers that you generally 'pissed him off' and they didn't quite take it the right way.

livexlaughxlove1 0

and she may not have known that since she never said she took Spanish....

Huh. Good point, I completely forgot that.

Hah! That is a very good point, actually. I remember giggling about it like an immature idiot when I was in Spanish class, too. But still... how could they even possibly assume a 16 year old girl could molest a 30 year old man?

Cartman: Just call the police and tell them your parents are molestering you.

oh god, do you have nothing better to do than to spew every line that cartman ever said and plaster it on FML... seriously FYL you probly live in the basement

sublime93 0

Its better than that queerbag that replies with lyrics

DanizzleXFoSho 6

I loled hardcore at this. Idc if you're 50 and live in your basement. "Moltestering" kills me.

rockyhorrorshow 0

I guess the lives of lifeguards are completely ******. Every other FML on here has to do with a lifeguard, it seems. Hmm...

Being a lifeguard is hard! You get hit on by the most disgusting people and than when you tell them to buzz off they become the worst people in the whole pool!

Wellll, why did you molest him in the first place?

iShine 0

The guy might have just been saying that she was annoying him and they thought he said molesting. In Spanish "molestar" means to bother.

nikkiandyou 0

Maybe in spanish, Molest, means something else?

bean_dawg 0

i think 26 and 31 are right. "molestar" in spanish means "to bother"

jetku 0

sucks. I'm sorry. And I believe your story.

Are you sure your Spanish is good enough that you rejected him politely? Are you sure you didn't call his mother a "puta" by mistake? Wouldn't other people have noticed you in the men's locker room? How dainty is Senor Slimy that it could be credible that a 16-year-old girl could threaten him? Do you think your boss had other complaints about you?