By thatguy - 26/12/2009 23:46 - United States

Today, I was feeling proud of myself because I finally quit World Of Warcraft. I later found out about the gift my dad's family gave me. It was a 12-month subscription to World Of Warcraft. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 492
You deserved it 8 503

Same thing different taste

Top comments

): my brother loves that game and has tried to quit soo many times... it's extremely hard

Comments

I'm a WoW player also. I know how hard it is to quit. Just try to limit your play-time, if you're concerned about it. On the other hand, if you're not shirking your duties, and have the time to play, I don't see any problem with it at all. It's as mentally stimulating as spending hours a day doing other things (such as reading FMLs, lol).

Mmmrrfghfgg,,. Same addiction here, I hope the OP re-gifts it.

Bishop0523 0

really? try to quit a video game? I'm a huge gamer I have a ps3 360 and wii and I never had a hard time putting them down control man it's all about control find something better to put some time into

#17, MMORPGs can be a lot different than 360 or PS3 games. They have actually been proven to become psychologically addictive, like a huge assortment of other behaviors and habits that are unhealthy in excess. Plus, they're not games that are ever "beaten" or "complete", (ah, the horrors of expansions ;) ). Anybody on here who has ever seriously played a MMO for an extended period of time can back me up - if their own real lives were not affected at all, they very likely know somebody else who is or was.

agreed with ^ MMO's are much more addictive than normal console games the biggest addicting aspect being the online community, and a never ending character development, i only played WoW for like 3 months but that was only because my subscription ran out and i don't have a lot of money, but ive been playing another MMO called Tibia for 10 years on and off(more like 7 if you subtract the breaks) and that game is almost or more addicting than WoW, MMO's are soul consuming life destroying addictions if they get out of hand

about a year ago a friend intoduced me to runescape, I played it casually (3 hrs a week) and was never sucked in, I also introduced another friend to it later, I simply got bored of it and started to play it less, I don't play it anymore, and neither of my friends are "addicted" I'm not saying it dosen't happen, it just didn't happen to me.

babygraceblue 0

oh- wow . i know how hard that can be...you try your best to sleep at night yet all your thoughts belong to a little guy running around, living out your life on a screen...

WoW is the most wtf game that can turn people into idiots and trolls. im sorry, i'm just bitter because thats what it did to my ex boyfriend who decided night elves were more important than me. sooooooo bye bye. i change my statement. it did that to one person. idk about the rest of you :D

.... well cmon.... night elves are pretty hot.

Is it possible to re-gift these things? Game addiction... the gift that keeps on giving.

Oh shit. That definitely sucks. lol it probably is the devil tempting you. RE-GIFTTTTTT. Or sell it.

Feeling proud of yourself because you quit World of Warcraft? What? I play it myself, and after playing it for a couple months, I become extremely bored and quit for like half a year. I don't get this FML.

So? Just because you could easily quit it doesn't mean that there are others who can't. It's like a drug; once you start, you start needing more and more and you become addicted to it. But there are some people who don't take as strongly to the drugs as others. That sucks OP, just re-gift it or tell your Dad that you quit. He probably won't get mad, he just thought you'd love it since you loved the game. I think he would be more pleased that you quit then having to return it or exchange it or whatever.

infantry831 0

and your point? you suck I hope you die tonight