By saltinawound - 05/03/2009 06:38 - United States

Today, I was dumped by my boyfriend of almost a year because he was no longer sexually attracted to me because I'm "overweight," even though I only weigh 130 pounds. Afterward I went to my friend's house and sat in an old wooden chair. It broke into pieces as soon as I sat down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 94 097
You deserved it 9 826

Same thing different taste

Top comments

awe, you poor thing! im so sorry to hear that!!!!!! you are NOT overweight. Screw that guy! Theres someone much better out there for you!

l33tm0nk3y 0

Ouch...what a dick. And that chair just had to go and be the icing on the excrement cake, huh? That's rough.

Comments

as far as the guy is concerned.... forget about him. that's stupid. you are not overweight! and for the chair... i'm only like 105 lbs and i have broken a chair like that before... don't feel bad!

130 is too much, I don't blame him hit the gym lol. I registered just to say this :)

fillmyheart028 0

Ohh noo you poor thing! You're totally not over weight! It looks like he was just looking for an excuse to break up with you either because he wants someone else, or because he's a douche-bag who's scared of commitment. Either way, you're WAY better off without him. Now about that chair. Sometimes life can be ironic. Sometimes it'll give you a swift kick in the stomach and say 'F you'. The chair breaking doesn't mean you're over weight. If one of my guy friends who is over 200 lbs. can sit in a child's chair without breaking it, I highly doubt that a girl who is 130 lbs. can break a regular chair on purpose. This is probably just one of those ironic instances life can throw your way....

Teejlidd 0

atleast your not like some skinny pale to the bones girl thats a good weight and your probably beautiful

About the weight thing, I think weight doesn't mean very much and this stuff is often B.S. Let me explain: I work out regularly, am quite skinny, yet I weigh around 140 pounds for 1m60. Why? Muscles are way heavier than fat (just try it at home: dump a piece of meat and a piece of fat of the same size in a glass of water and see which one sinks and which one floats!). I'm not spectacularly muscular, but just a bit of muscle is enough to "bias" your weight, which is why I think the BMI is B.S., what they should really count is your fat and muscle ratio. At one point, I was a bit plump even though I weighed under 100 pounds. I just had no muscle, which isn't healthy. My monitor at the gym has a similar "problem," he's a very muscular guy and weighs about 160 pounds for 1m70. He can't find anybody on dating websites because everybody thinks he's very fat! (BTW, a few months ago a (male) doctor diagnosed me as overweight, which upset me because I think it's a serious issue for a university GP to be that shallow and un-scientific, especially since I know for sure there are many girls with eating disorders on campus. When I met another (female!) doctor a few weeks after for a medical examination, I brought my sport card and explained this story. She was really shocked at what the first doctor had said, as you just have to look at me then at my muscle structure to realize I'm not overweight at all.) Anyway, outside of the "skinny vs. fat" debate (which I think is really tiring to no end and often a way of trying to control how women look -_-;;), your bf is really an idiot and it's no way of treating anyone, you don't dump someone over superficial things like that and you don't make demeaning comments over looks. BTW, is it just me or do most guys who make "fat" comments not look the best, i.e. they might be acting out of their own insecurities?

Yes you do dump people based on superficial things like that. If you're not sexually attracted to a girl, there's no point in staying in a SEXUAL relationship with her. Curves are sexy, chubby girls with no muscle tone who have curves by accident aren't. All these pie-in-the-sky "love transcends sexual attraction" people are probably in dysfunctional relationships or haven't had a healthy relationship in the first place. You need physical and emotional compatibility, and the two are equally important. If you've put on weight and he told you to get your ass to a gym, you should have gone to the gym. To all these people saying "if he loved you he wouldn't care that you put on weight!" Well how about this one, if you loved him you would spend an hour a week on a treadmill, eat fewer sugars and have a fun sex-life. What, he's supposed to sacrifice his sex life so you can be happy? Give me a break.

the weight is NOT the only thing to determinate if you are overweight. YES you can be overweight at 130lbs. Depends on how tall you are, how does you metabolism works.. If your weight is well shared.. If you have everything on the arms and cellulitis.. Not pretty. Yes, BMI is bullshit.

Oh, by the way, i'm a bit less than 100lbs for 5'7" (47 kg for around 1m70), and i'm not anorexic, i just have great genetics, good metabolism, and a vague idea f how to eat healty (not extreme watch although, i do lasagna, i do hotdogs, i do sodas and chocolate)

LifeSux19 0

I guess I must be fat too. What a jerk!!!

thinkpink 0

130 would be huge for me...and i am 5'5". i weigh 110. So unless you're taller than me....you might be overweight.