By roundtherose - 13/10/2013 01:59 - United States - Anchorage

Today, my mom made fun of me because I'm 16 and have never had a boyfriend, then bragged that at my age she was already pregnant with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 672
You deserved it 3 657

roundtherose tells us more.

Thank you everyone for then encouraging words and sympathy for me. I would like to say my mom is one of the greatest people in my life and is very intelligent. She had been dating my dad for 2 years before and they got married and they are still married. She is certainly not a dead-beat mom. I think she was just being spiteful when that happened. She apologized later. She taught me that what she did is not what I want to do in my life. Sure what she said got me down, but outside dating I have a great life!

Top comments

Jokes on her being on MTV ain't an accomplishment

onealmxwilson 18

Just tell her at least you're not a hoe like she was.

Comments

Jokes on her being on MTV ain't an accomplishment

Pwn17 25
Fitzinator1995 13

That's just painful to read, use a comma and isn't.

#66 If you don't like a comment, thumb it down and move on please.

132 why don't you follow your own advise?

addioty 19

26, I agree that the quality has gone down, but I love the show Catfish. It's not fake reality TV, it's actually very interesting to see the risks of online dating and what goes on in people's heads. It's not glamorizing it, it basically is informing you and showing the dirty details.

SilverInGray 25

148, I read somewhere that the first people the catfish people contact are the people who are lying about their identity. I'm not sure if that's true, though.

Fitzinator1995 13

that's not really something to brag about

And people complain about our generation >.>

I know 42! we are the product of a world built by their generation so if we truly are the worst generation of all time then that really says something about those that raised us.

GoodLookingGeese 10

Each generation is the worst, at least this is what the elders say each time... on and on..

turnabouttrial 21

#2 more like: that's really not something to brag about

rebellionwars 11

No shit. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

onealmxwilson 18

Just tell her at least you're not a hoe like she was.

She might get laxatives put in her food if she does that

raytyler26 16

Ha! I see what you did there.

\ 28

I wonder if girls who actually wait until marriage or financial stability to get pregnant will ever have their own TV show

Probably not. The success of a show has a lot to do with the "shock factor". That's why we are so entertained by Honey Boo Boo and the rest of the godawful shows currently on network television. They'd lose their audience if it was mundane content.

\ 28

^ I wouldn't even refer to it as "entertainment", either.

Llama_Face89 33

Having sex does not make a female a "hoe." We aren't living in the 1950s anymore and that term is just degrading. I agree that getting pregnant at a young age isn't exactly an accomplishment but there's not need to go that far.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

96- you sure were not? My house still has asbestos…

just because its not the 1950's doesn't justify the fact 16 year old kids are having sex....or does it? is that some thing new i missed?

#109 I think the legal age makes it ok that 16 year olds are having sex. Its all about education and protection.

You know what does make you a hoe? Making fun of your 16 year old child for never having a boyfriend and then bragging how you we're already knocked up at that her age. I'm sorry but that's a pretty hoe-ish thing to say to your child. Not to mention ****** up and hurtful.

I searched Webster's, and the OED, and both listed "hoe" as someone bragging about their teenage pregnancy.

16 year olds having sex isn't always a terrible thing. I'm only a bit older than 16 and I regularly have sex. That doesn't make me a bad person, or a "hoe".

This is true. However, (I'm going to use myself as an example here)- I'm very careful with protection and birth control, and so I'm pretty confident that I am not going to get pregnant. I'm in a loving relationship, and don't think there's anything wrong with me having sex at this age.

Because at your age a 'loving relationship' just means you have sex with the same guy. Although having sex with someone you're in a 'relationship' with doesn't make you a hoe, bragging about having sex, especially at a young age, does. When your current relationship breaks up and you find someone who wants to be with you just to be with you, the sex gets much better anyway, and that's something you can't rush.

Well, that's totally wrong. We've been together for two years now, and we only started having sex a year into the relationship. We are NOT together just for the sex. We are together because we make each other happy and, whether you believe it or not, we love each other. The fact we're 17 shouldn't automatically cut off all possibility of us being in a loving relationship, because that's exactly what we are in. I'm not "bragging" about having sex at a young age, I'm just stating that it isn't a terrible thing and doesn't make me a bad person. My relationship is brilliant and loving, and I can assure you that he wants to be with me for me. Not all teenage boys are mindless idiots. I found your comment to be very ignorant and judgmental.

I was dead positive "Ho" is the term we should be using. "Hoe" is a garden tool.

Hmm, there was a show called "Bridezilla", wasn't there? And Four Weddings, Say Yes To The Dress, and a whole host of other ones that glorify people who commit matrimony.

Getting pregnant at 16 may not make someone a hoe, but bragging about it points in that direction. Well, north of the Mason-Dixon line, anyway.

She sounds like the perfect role model of everthing you don't want to be.

Use the thumb up button. That's what it's there for.

She's such a motivational mother. She should be giving you advice, not bashing on you.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

your paragraph is sort of contradicting. .but I get what you're trying to say.

Llama_Face89 33

Do you? Because I believe #6 was using sarcasm..

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

usually the entire comment is sarcastic..not half and half. how should the reader distinguish what the commenter is being sarcastic about? by common view we'd think the first line..but not everyone thinks alike.

raytyler26 16

Brace yourselves, MTV jokes approaching.

Fitzinator1995 13
hcollins1 18

She is 24! She predicted #1's comment!

SkyGuy32 17

Not to be a perfectionist, but I'm like 99.99% sure that #7 is a guy.

raytyler26 16

#133 really thought I was a girl :|

hcollins1 18

Sorry, that was my bad. That's what I get for not paying attention the pic and just commenting haha

needsomefunny 15

Congratulations on not being 16 and pregnant. Nowadays it us a compliment.

Just because you see more pregnant teens on tv and internet, does not mean there are more pregnant teens.

You really need to do a little digging into recent statistics, #81.

There ARE more pregnant teens, just not at the exaggerated rates that everyone says.

Aussieinusa 5

Back when I was in my early 20's, the Australian government brought out this thing called a "baby bonus", they would give you up to five thousand dollars for having a baby. The year it was brought in, and a few years after that, teenage pregnancy went up dramatically. There were 14 year olds getting pregnant just so they could buy a big TV (unprotected sex, spiking condoms, lying about being on the pill) , or other random shit that they couldn't afford without it. Was a big expose on the news.

I have, that's why I said it. thumbing me down does not make it any less true

brokenman5 6

Don't be like her you will be a better person :)

OP, be proud that you are being responsible. It's not bad that you haven't had a boyfriend, and incredibly good that you aren't 16 and pregnant. Chin up.

\ 28

Waiting 10 years for a good guy is more understandable than waiting one week for any guy.

Hey, 17 and never had a girlfriend. You really shouldn't worry.

My boyfriend went without a relationship until he was 21, and my first college roommate is still single at 23. Both of these people are wonderful, so it's really nothing to worry about, OP

SkyGuy32 17

And here I'm getting put to shame for not having kissed a girl at 14.