By go snope yourself - 26/01/2013 21:51 - United Kingdom

Today, I was debating which hurts more: child-birth or a kick to the testicles. Some guy spouted the old urban legend that a nut-kick is 9000 "dels", and giving birth is 57, so I proved that no such measurement of pain exists. His comeback was to sucker-punch me to the floor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 257
You deserved it 8 775

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can you tell me how much that Hz, on a scale of 1-10?

Honestly I wish that people would stop treating myths as scientific fact.

Comments

I had an ulcer perforate and let food and acid out into the rest of my insides which lasted several hours till they knocked me out. When the pain is described as "severe" by medical description you'll know it's bad. Giving birth is apparently like wanting to do a poo with a 8lb bowling ball.

CharresBarkrey 15

I hope you're joking. Pain cannot be medically categorized, as it is subjective and everyone experiences it differently. This is why doctors ask what your pain level is on a scale of 1-10 when you go into the ER - they're determining how severe the pain is according to YOU, not medical standards.

All i know is i don't get morphine when i get hit in the sac

If you DID get morphine, you'd probably be hunky-dory about the whole thing. Even WITH the drugs, you'd be hard-pressed to find me a woman who claims birth isn't the single most painful thing in life.

I had an operation basically comparable to a c-section (they made an incision in my abdomen to access my uterus and surroundings, they just didn't remove a baby), and after the epidural wore off, I was looking for ways to kill myself with whatever was closest to the bed, including my own IV tubes. I was probably still cracked out on the sleepy-time surgery meds, but still - if I wanted to shuffle the mortal coil over a surgery with pain lasting ~2 hours before they gave me the good meds, I can only imagine what labor feels like. And this is why I have dogs.

ecope1989 3

And now I see why you were kicked in the nuts..

laya_fml 26

At least he didn't give you a kick to the testicles.

TheManager 6

I hate that. "Oh that didn't hurt so bad"....1...2...3.... "Oh dear god".

iluvmyducks432 4

Actually, it's nothing because that unit of measurement DOESN'T EXIST!

CharresBarkrey 15

No it's not. Stop being so gullible.

It once existed. It was used in the 50s, but that's it.

One guy using it for a few years does not a medical standard make.

Easy answer... Kick to the testicles wins every time!!! After a giving birth, be it a year or so, a woman will think to herself "hmmm, I think I'd like to have another go at that" At no point in time does a guy think to himself "hmmm, i could do with another kick in the testicles right about now". Therefore a kick in the testicles must be more painful!!!

child birth is painful but having a child is worth the pain. and btw I like your originality.

yoursucklives 36

56 you're stupid. a woman doesn't say: "oh me giving birth to my child was so funny and absolutely not painful, i really would like to do that again," but rather "my beautiful little child is one of the best things that happend to me, i want to have another one."

CharresBarkrey 15

I don't know if "shemales" can give birth or not, but if they can let's try asking one.

It's not choosing the pain of childbirth. It's choosing to have a child... You don't have a child by getting kicked in the balls.

The real pain here is not between childbirth and nut-kick. It's not knowing the difference between debating and punching.

I really don't understand why people keep trying to compare these. I mean, I don't have testicals and I've never given birth, but I don't see how you can compare them. Getting kicked in the nuts obviously really hurts, since its all at once it might hurt a little more than labor, but I don't know to many guys that end up feeling it for hours on end. Where as with labor, not only does it vary person to person, but it is multiple types of pain that lasts hours on end, sometimes even over a day. I just feel like the situations and types of pain are too different to compare.