By ideserveit - 28/05/2016 22:10 - Finland

Today, I was cuddling with my boyfriend after a fight. I told him the reason I was so irritable is because I'm on my period. He yelped in disgust and nearly fell out of bed. Good to know I'm dating a man-child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 013
You deserved it 1 835

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't understand why some people are so skittish about periods. Maybe it's because I'm a female and I have to deal with it, but some people seem to overreact.

Comments

Most people try to find deeper reasons for breaking up than 'my bf doesn't like my period'. Getting tired of FML users suddenly thinking they're Dr. Love with this 'OMG DUMP HIM!!!111' stuff.

I just can't understand why females use that time of the month as a excuse to be bitchy. Self control. Btw, I am a girl.

I don't understand the need to broadcast when you're having your period. If you have an argument, can't you simply apologize without making an excuse? That certainly doesn't mean his reaction was acceptable. The whole situation seems pretty immature on both parts.

It's an explanation for why she might be more irritable or have more extreme emotions than usual. I tend to try to explain why in acting differently so they know why and they have a bit of warning.

Haven't you ever just had a cranky irritable day? And fought about something dumb? And then, as a part of your apology, explained that you just aren't feeling well and are therefore cranky and irritable? It isn't so much of an excuse as it is good communication... Explaining that it isn't his fault and that she's over it and no hard feelings.

some men just freak out about blood and tissue leaking out of genetalia, it's just foreign, most men mature out of it, but some just take longer

I hate the period excuse. I was in back labor for 13 hours and was never once irritable with my fiancé. Worst pain I've ever felt in my life coupled with the most invasive thing I've had happen to me. I still kept a level head and didn't bite anyone's head off even when I really wanted to. Don't get me wrong, the boyfriend needs to grow up too. Any mature adult should be able to be there for their partner when necessary and he dropped the ball. If OP thinks he's such a man child and he can't offer the support needed it sounds like they both need to go their separate ways. They're both immature in my book though.

What does your labor have to do with the way OP deals with her shit? If someone tops you on the discomfort scale can they dictate the way others act in similar situations? Just because you snap at someone or argue with them doesn't mean you're immature.

While I can't excuse his immaturity, I certainly have a disdain for your having used your period as an excuse for irrationality and anger. It's miserable, I know - but certainly isn't an excuse. My wife would often get laid up with them a day or two at a time. If she snapped at me she didn't use it as an excuse - yeah, it is the root cause of her irritability but ultimately it was her not thinking about what she was saying that was at fault; in her own words.

She wasn't excusing, she was explaining why she overreacted. Some women are fine emotionally on their period, some people aren't. Just because your wife is ok doesn't mean I will be.

Some people just don't like natural body processes I guess

Hopefully next time you're on your period you can explain to him that he has no reason to be grossed out by it.

in some cultures the woman is considered -unclean- during her period, where did you say your date was from? During the first three days of mine I really don't like to get touchy-feely either, it's more like steer clear and mind your rear if anything..maybe he just had bad experiences with pms (used alike for pre- as post-) or just read some ugly stories about syphilis..find out what is bothering him before calling him out as a man-child, some people have neither (man or child) and if every thing else is nice in your relationship you shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water op..

Wait is there some sort of connection between syphilis and PMS? I'm not being sarcastic. I'm genuinely curious what syphilis has to do with this.