By queengarmin - 25/04/2015 20:42 - United States - Pacific Grove

Today, I was bitten by a therapy dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 034
You deserved it 3 792

queengarmin tells us more.

OP here! Just to clarify, I didn't intentionally antagonize him and he didn't intentionally bite me. I was playing with my neighbor's retired therapy dog, and whilst trying to pull a toy from his mouth, he chomped down on my finger. It was most definitely an accident, and though it hurt like hell, we have forgiven each other and we're friends again. And I've learned my lesson about watching my fingers while playing with a dog.

Top comments

xluciferx666 21

Was the dog having a ruff day? I'll see myself out

Was it from horse playing with the pup, or antagonizing it (with or without provoking it)? Huge difference

Comments

Why don’t you comment something worth-while to read?

I really want to know the whole story...

Man you weren't even cruisin' for a bruisin'. Sorry OP

I know this lady that tries to always sneak her teacup yorkie into my work in her oversized purse, claiming it's a "service dog" for her anxiety. Apparently I'm violating her rights to see her paperwork.

Is this really a thing? I should start bringing my cat that hisses at everybody but me everywhere. "I need my therapy cat, she scares the assholes away!"

MattStro 23

Was it a puppy? If so then they're just playing and it means it finds you friend!

It is a dog trained to provide affection and comfort to people in hospitals, retirement homes, nursing homes, schools, hospitals, disaster areas, and to people with learning difficulties.

Were you allowed to pet it or did you just decide to go up and touch it? My sister had a therapy dog for years and no matter where we were or if the dog was wearing a "Don't touch, I'm on duty vest" people would still come up and pet her, children and adults alike. If you just decided to touch the dog YDI.

It's terrible how people think they are allowed to just touch other peoples dog, especially when they're therapy/servicedogs. I used to take care of other peoples dog over the summer for several years and always hated it when strangers wanted to pet them or parents letting their kids pet the dog. And when I told people to not approach the dog, they would always call me rude for not letting them. (the dog didn't like strangers). /rant

48, I agree it's awful people think they can pet dogs without asking the owner. My dog is a rescue and even though he loves people he gets scared if someone comes out of no where and pets him. I always make him sit and make sure the person who wants to pet him has his attention.