By queengarmin - 25/04/2015 20:42 - United States - Pacific Grove

Today, I was bitten by a therapy dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 035
You deserved it 3 792

queengarmin tells us more.

OP here! Just to clarify, I didn't intentionally antagonize him and he didn't intentionally bite me. I was playing with my neighbor's retired therapy dog, and whilst trying to pull a toy from his mouth, he chomped down on my finger. It was most definitely an accident, and though it hurt like hell, we have forgiven each other and we're friends again. And I've learned my lesson about watching my fingers while playing with a dog.

Top comments

xluciferx666 21

Was the dog having a ruff day? I'll see myself out

Was it from horse playing with the pup, or antagonizing it (with or without provoking it)? Huge difference

Comments

The dog was not being acting mutture

#33, "immutture" would've been funnier and much more fitting... :( And you need to choose 1 verb: either the dog "was being" or "was acting". :)

#56 I learned something new, thanks :D (no, english is not my mothertongue)

xluciferx666 21

Was the dog having a ruff day? I'll see myself out

I think OP has a bone to pick with this ferocious mutt...

Was it your therapy dog? If not then there was probably a reason it but you..

Therapy dogs and service dogs are different. If you pet a service dog who is working you can expect something happening but that is unlikely. Therapy dogs can be "certified" at 5 months old but never go through the training that service dogs do.

I see what you did there. Thumb up for you, although it won't unburry you.

gintwinsmoore 20

that depends on the dog's sex if this comment fits though. still cute!

Was it from horse playing with the pup, or antagonizing it (with or without provoking it)? Huge difference

bettyc4 26

...violent physical therapy dog perhaps? Well...what'd you do to piss off the dog?

;_; I feel ya. I love dogs, but I guess they hate brown people trying to cuddle them :(

colvindj 22

Not even trying to provoke an argument, but I'm pretty sure it's very ignorant to make an assumption like that.

Um dogs are colourblind... You know that right?

#17 but they can still see shades. Pretty sure even in black&white you can still decipher a brown person from a white person. & i'm almost certain it was a joke.

"God, I hate all those grey people! They're worse than all those raccoons that meow...."

Neitz confirmed that dogs actually do see color, but many fewer colors than normal humans do. Instead of seeing the rainbow as violet, blue, blue-green, green, yellow, orange and red, dogs would see it as dark blue, light blue, gray, light yellow, darker yellow (sort of brown), and very dark gray.

My Tennessee uncles had racist dogs. They would only bark at black and hispanic people.

Sorry to say it guys, but my dog is a bit racist. I don't have many African American friends, there aren't very many in my community at all. But one time we had one of my brothers friends over who was black and my little dog stared at him and would growl through most of dinner. I had to keep distracting him so he wouldn't growl at him. I felt so bad. But in his defence it was his first time seeing a black person (he was really dark too) and he obviously didn't know what to think. Luckily my brothers friend didn't care. :) so yes, it can happen.

I'm guessing they were picking up on cues (subconscious or not) from your racist uncle

You're going to be the one who needs therapy after that ruff luck.