By queengarmin - 25/04/2015 20:42 - United States - Pacific Grove

Today, I was bitten by a therapy dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 034
You deserved it 3 792

queengarmin tells us more.

OP here! Just to clarify, I didn't intentionally antagonize him and he didn't intentionally bite me. I was playing with my neighbor's retired therapy dog, and whilst trying to pull a toy from his mouth, he chomped down on my finger. It was most definitely an accident, and though it hurt like hell, we have forgiven each other and we're friends again. And I've learned my lesson about watching my fingers while playing with a dog.

Top comments

xluciferx666 21

Was the dog having a ruff day? I'll see myself out

Was it from horse playing with the pup, or antagonizing it (with or without provoking it)? Huge difference

Comments

Maybe the dog wants to pick up acupuncture.

an3ph 20

Probably your own fault. They don't attack unprovoked.

@65, your mileage may vary: the fact is that dog bites are not always provoked. Usually, though, a dog so prone would have been weeded out of participating in therapy. It is possible that OP accidentally provoked it (e.g. touched a sore on the dog's ear s/he didn't know about), but that does not automatically mean it's the poster's fault.

And because of that, people are playing their untrained pets up as trained therapy pets, making people hesitant to follow the laws for those of us who actually need them. Pretending your pet is a trained therapy or service pet is as immoral as parking in a handicapped spot when you don't need it.

bite it back .. you are in therapy anyway