By Sam_Licker81 - 19/11/2009 16:41 - United States

Today, I was baking cookies and opened the oven door to check on them. Apparently, wearing a gold necklace means the wave of heat will burn your very fair skin. I now have a bright red ring of stars around my neck. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 783
You deserved it 6 683

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

West coast redneck. The physics of this story is somewhat dubious if you are using a normal oven. Do not bake cookies in an iron smelter!

First I thought "YDI" but then again I'd burn myself for some cookies So, FYL. :P

Comments

Yay for making cookies! Sucks about the burn though :(

perdix 29

Red stars on a white neck? You need to be in a Toby Keith video.

glasswater 0

Uhm, normal ovens don't blast people with air hot enough to burn flesh. If this is real, which I doubt, you should learn how to use an oven because you're apparently doing something horribly wrong.

This. There is seriously NO WAY it could hat up the gold fast enough that it would burn her.

boatkicker 4

My oven blasts hot steam out when I cook things, which is hot enough to give minor burns, but nothing worse than what a light sunburn would be. For the steam to even get your neck you need to be leaning close. It disperses pretty quickly once you open the oven. It's only happened to me once, back when I was first learning to cook as a kid. I've seen it happen to a few people, though. Even if you did get burnt though, it wouldn't be from the necklace, or in the shape of it. Metal takes a while to heat up, and the steam would be gone too fast.

What most people don't know is that gold happens to be an excellent conductor of heat. I've heard of this happening on more than one occasion, so this FML isn't fake at all. My first reaction to this was YDI for wearing gold near a stove, but since most people aren't aware of the above fact, FYL.

boatkicker 4

If there was enough heat to make the gold hot enough to burn, then it was enough to burn the person on its own, even with no gold.

hbgoddard 0

What the hell is this??? A woman that can't cook?! CAN YOU AT LEAST MAKE A GOOD SAMMICH??

xxxNataliexxx 0

YDI your so stupid you retard I would of just laughed at how stupid you are fatty

SmartestDummy 0

But that sounds so cool......

christy_xo 0

xxxNataliexxx, she's automatically a fatty because she baked some damn cookies? you should probably stop breathing.. nobody likes assholes.