By alltimelove - 18/11/2010 15:34

Today, I was at a pet store cuddling an apparently overaggressive chinchilla when it decided to bite me and run out of my hands. It is now nowhere to be found and I have to pay for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 457
You deserved it 10 016

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sallen0046 4

Why would you cuddle any animal in a pet store? You don't "cuddle" any animal that has had absolutely no time to bond with you, especially a pet store animal that isn't used to being handled. Chinchillas are rodents, and like most rodents, they need to chew constantly to keep their teeth ground down. It's a natural behavior, not an overly aggressive one. It's your own fault for messing with any animal that has not been conditioned to being handled by humans.

Dude, that sucks. Chinchillas are expensive.

Comments

if there aren't any signs saying not to pick up the animals, then tell them you'll pay for the chinchilla after they pay your medical bills and storm out screaming something about calling your lawyer. if they do have signs. YDI dummy

holy crap it's the guitarist of hoobastank

YDI for playing with rodents, Richard Gere. Also, YDI for having hands for it to bite.

sallen0046 4

Why would you cuddle any animal in a pet store? You don't "cuddle" any animal that has had absolutely no time to bond with you, especially a pet store animal that isn't used to being handled. Chinchillas are rodents, and like most rodents, they need to chew constantly to keep their teeth ground down. It's a natural behavior, not an overly aggressive one. It's your own fault for messing with any animal that has not been conditioned to being handled by humans.

Great OP! Now someones coat is going to be just a few inches too short.

stacers 0

Chinchillas cannot be "cuddled" like most pets. Because of their thick fur, they cannot get over 80 degrees F without suffering from heat stroke. He most likely reacted that way because he was getting too hot and had to get away to save himself...you were killing him.

ulicksam 0

YDI for cuddling with a rodent.

THE SCENE: The pet store 10 minutes after closing time. A well trained chinchilla is chewing on a special treat given to him by a very happy owner. Beneath the counter a open door leads to a concealed cage, while next to the register lies a bag of two dozen Chinchilla treats with only 3 left in the bottom...

dougierocks 13

that's what I was thinking... you won't get arrested if you didn't leave the store with it... I wonder if you'll get a refund when it's back on display tomorrow. Or they will hide it and sell it some other way. Shoulda called the cops then, or an atty now.

I have a chinchilla and he's the sweetest thing ever. but dude he's my pet why would you hold a strange animal in a pet store that doesn't know you. in my books you was asking for it!!!

Yes... But think of it this way; if OP ends up finding the furry rascal, she has already paid for it and can take it home where it may eat, sleep, poop and run away all it wants to. Sounds like a good deal to me

pepelapew 0

I'm calling BS. no pet store could legally make u pay. I woulda called the cops