By alsayslegit - 25/05/2009 17:44 - United States

Today, I was at a party, and I sat down on a chair. While conversing with friends, I shifted places on the chair, and broke it. Embarrassed, I then stood up and change chairs. After moving to the next chair, I broke that one too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 197
You deserved it 21 475

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A lot of gyms are having discounts this time of year. Just putting it out there.

It's only FYL if the chairs were in bad condition to begin with. If it was your weight caused it, then you might need to make some lifestyle changes...

Comments

thats pretty ****** up but hey if you would stop sitting in so many ******* chairs get off your lazy ass go outside and run once in a while or hit the ******* gym maybe you would be over the max weight limit on furniture

Some people are so ^&%ing rude. There is nothing wrong being fat, and just because he/she broke the chairs while sitting down does not mean that she/he is fat. Could be that the chair were made out of cheap material or has already broke/ was going to break anyways. Being fat is not a sin. As long as you are comfortable in your own skin, and is happy with how you look like... then you shouldn't listen to what other insensitive people say because they don't matter.

If that's not a sign, I don't know what is! And #45 if the chairs were made of such cheap material then why did none of the others brake that her friends were sitting on? And no being fat is not a sin, but what you have to do to get fat is; Gluttony, and Slothfulness! And one last thing if the OP was skinny than she prob would of said so, to make the story more ironic, but he/she didn't say anything, so most likely he/she is overweight.

As for the chairs; maybe they just got the (bad) luck of the draw.

If you were at a party, it could be that the chairs were just rubbish and cheap hired out ones, or it could be that you're just too heavy for them. Just be healthy.

wow #45-- "There is nothing wrong being fat" really?? way to ignore ALL medical research about the health detriments to being overweight/obese. i don't get how people defend fatasses, especially considering how easy it is to lose weight and stay in shape. you don't even need to eat healthy, i eat whatever the **** i want and am in perfect shape-because i exercise. but soooo many people are to lazy to devote even an hour a day to bettering themselves, it's disgusting. more interested in watching tv or whatever than maintaining a healthy body. they will die early because of their lifestyle, and their death will be a benefit to society.

Hi there. I am an obese 21 year old. I was skinny my whole life. Until I turned 19. I got pregnant and had severe depression. Do you know what depression is? Depression is a lacking of "happy" chemicals in your brain. Do you know what foods give you back those "happy" chemicals (dopamine, adrenaline, etc.)? Sugar. Lots of it. For a long time my ONLY source of happiness was from ice cream. And I mean literally. The only way those chemicals could be released in my brain were through sugar or exercise. Well guess what? I was pregnant and if you've never had a very difficult pregnancy you couldn't understand the intense stress your joints endure. I was in pain all the time. It hurt to move. Also, the depression caused me to feel like nothing mattered and diminished all willpower I had. So I gained weight obviously. And I am still overweight, because my depression makes it difficult to do anything. By difficult, I wake up crying because I can't will myself to go exercise. Secondly, I also have hypo-thyroid disorder. Which means that my body is actually fighting against me to keep the weight on. However, I should lose weight. I don't mean I should be a size 4, but a healthy weight for my height and body-type would be at least 100 lbs less than I am now. And I am trying...very hard. However, I am having a lot of trouble. I have a lot of bad things happen (my parent's divorced, my baby almost died, I almost died, etc.) and that makes the depression "stick" harder. But you are right. It is unhealthy for me to remain this way. However, your opinion that my death would be of benefit to society is incredibly vicious. I am a loving mother and wife. My parents and I are humanitarian aid workers. We have helped 100's of orphans to have happier fuller lives (clothes, food, medicine, education, fun). I am a good friend and a generally good person who buys homeless people full meals and uses the last of her birthday money on people she doesn't know to help them. Society is benefited by me being here and I think you should probably think before you say things like that.

lol maybe you should lose weight. ydi for letting yourself get that fat that you break chairs.

#48- It is NOT easy for everyone to lose weight. Weight problems can be genetic. It's also harder for women to lose weight than for men. Way to ignore some medical research.

I just finally gave in to joining to reply to #45 and #48 beat me to the punch! Quite frankly, there is plenty wrong with being fat. The very fact you got to the level where people would refer to you in that way shows that something is wrong, since you clearly should have changed your ways much earlier. People shouldn't baby the overweight, nor should people overlook the fact that lots of people are overweight because their parents have fed them improperly as they've been growing up. Being fat pretty much shows your weakness of character. It's also incredibly unhealthy and, as I am from a country where health-care is nationalised, it is actually destructive to society. People can feed themselves to death for all I care; it's their choice and that's life. but not if I have to suffer because of it. Incidentally, it's a FYL whatever the case. But, it's also an YDI if the author is overweight by their own volition.

aww you poor thing! that would be so embarrassing. what did you do after the 2nd!?